The Early Writing Tag

(The First Draft post should have been published on Monday, and this one today.  But life happened, and now you have two posts today!!)

Ivie over at Ivie Writes tagged me (thanks girl!).  As I told her, this is what I get for having "wish I could take part in these tag things too!" thoughts.  Guess this is the blogging world.

So for the Early Writing Tag, I only have to answer two questions this time.  (Not bad.)

What horrendous books did you write as a child?
My main horrendous book that comes to mind is one of the first things I wrote when I first got my laptop.  The title was Adventures on the Daventry Farm and it basically is about my family holding a summer camp (what???  why???) at our farm, and this cliché, stuck-up, whiny city slicker girl came with her cousin.  And I basically was super-cool and awesome and they just quaked in fear of my epicness.  My sister was run-of-the-mill boring, and all the horses could talk.  *blushes*
What did you learn from them?

It annoys my dear sister when I write books like that.

My family is never going to have a summer camp.

I am not always-calm nor secretive nor do I drive a landspeeder from Star Wars.

Horses do not talk.

Nor do they really care about making me look cool, either.



BUT I also learned:

Typing stories is actually fun.

Why don't I keep writing?

Except I should not put me in the story.

Because I am not cool.

What's cool?

Fantasy!

(And so I moved on to write fantasy, and have never looked back.)

The Re-Tag

I'm supposed to tag five people (oy!) so I'll give it a try...

Sarah, at Pen of a Ready Writer (my tag fallback)
Melissa over at Quill Pen Writer (if she wants to do this; I dunno)
Andrea (hopefully she won't mind me tagging her) at a Surge of Thunder
and.....
The first two person to comment who are not on this list!  (cackles)

14 comments:

  1. Yeah, I'm exempt because no tag backs. *does happy dance*
    Anyway, this was fun to read. "quaked in fear of my epicnes."
    That's so funny. I love this soooooooo much.
    Awesome job.
    God bless you!

    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very "self-worshipful" story, as I call it. And my horses could really not care about making me look cool. (Oh, you're riding me bareback in the arena while everyone is watching? I'm gonna spook at the speakers...) (Oh, you want me to do my special Paso Fino gait? Guess what...I forgot how to do it...)

      Delete
    2. Lol. You gotta start somewhere. Never look with regret back at the old works because they are what started everything. (I still try not cringe at my old work.)

      Delete
    3. Dude, I just realized the gif is Hiro. I love that movie!!! We have that movie. Baymax is so awesome!

      Delete
    4. Lol, one of my sisters loves that movie to pieces!! I enjoy watching it too. :) That scene is probably my favorite. #relateable

      Delete
  2. Oh boy, I have to limit myself to one bad story? Esh. It might take me a while.

    "My tag fallback." LOL. Yeah, that's my job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hardy har har. I have other bad stories, but I think this one was my worst.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the tag! I'll try to get to it as soon as I can (maybe a month or so), and then you can see that my early writing was wayyyy worse than yours! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I'm trying to not be tagging the same couple people over and over, so I thought I'd reach out to you. :D

      Delete
  4. Oh boy, I have to limit myself to one bad story? Esh. It might take me a while.


    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was surfing the Internet for information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. туристична віза в Індію

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would like to say thank you for this special website. Keep writing these types of informative blogs. do i need visa to Turkey from USA ? Yes, you need a visa. and The applying process of evisa is very simple and secure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there! This is my first visit to your blog! What is the time duration of a Kenya transit visa ? The time duration of a Kenya transit visa is usually less than 3 days or 72 hours.

    ReplyDelete