Dream Blogger Party Tag

So apparently this is a tag created by Abigail Lennah, though Ivie tagged me.  Basically, if I was to host a part for all these wonderful bloggers and writers who I know, what would it be like?

Because getting together and riding horses is my main idea of a party...

The Venue

I thought I would have a hard time deciding where this would be, but as soon as I thought of Brown County State Park, I knew my searching was over.  My family went there a few years back for a church event and it was really cool.  You can hike, ride bikes, rent or bring your own horses...there are meeting rooms, a nature center, an indoor pool (with a slide!), a playground, fields for games...and they've got tent camping, rv camping, cabins, and a hotel-style building as well.  And just away from the park, about ten minutes drive, is a lovely little downtown for shopping.  Perfect!

The Food

I would probably go with a potluck.  I love seeing a table with all sorts of different foods on it, be it store-bought or home-cooked.  And then a drinks table (with root beer, hot tea, and ice water).  And a desert table. 

So I was supposed to pick three things.  Do three separate tables count?  lol

The Music

I'm supposed to pick five artists or bands, but, in reality, I think we could just all bring our own instruments and try to play together.  Those who don't play can still watch and enjoy the music. 

We all may be having too much fun talking about our books and blogs to listen to music anyway.  :D

The Activities

So the three main things we would all do:

~Get to know each other/stand around talking
~Probably go for a hike and play some games, ride horses, check out the nature center and/or the pool
~Create havoc (because if you get a bunch of writers and fangirls in one arena...there will be consequences...)

The Post

I don't know if we'd do a collaborative post (complete with pictures and video), since some of us like to remain anonymous, but I'm sure we would all eventually do a post on our own personal blogs about how much fun we had.  Maybe post pictures of the place (maybe with people who don't mind being shown on the internet).  Talk about the conversations that were had, and the encouragement that was received and given.

The People

A number of us writers seem to be introverts (not me!!!), but when you get anyone talking about their favorite subject, they often readily open up.  So we're going to get a lot of people who will be getting a chance to talk about their favorite things: books, writing, blogging.  So yeah...it'll be crazy...lots of talking...lots of raised voices...lots of laughter.  But I would love to get all these lovely bloggers and writers in one place and see them interact with each other. 

The Re-Tag

If you love to talk about writing, books, or blogs....consider yourself tagged!

17 comments:

  1. Why has nothing been done about this yet?! Why are we not planning?! Getting a bunch of bloggers together would be so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EXACTLY. Why AREN'T we funding this?!

      Delete
    2. IKR??

      Grey - there should be a #rebelliouswriting event!! Like for bloggers, readers, writers, and whoever else wants to come. Y'all could do panels (or invite other people to speak) on looking for (and/or writing) good literature, how to deal with books you come across that have stuff you don't like, how to do book reviews, and stuff like that! It would be so much fun!!

      Delete
    3. We should just get together some of the party planning bloggers and just make it a thing at some point.

      Delete
    4. We've actually talked about that, Julian! But considering the majority of the team is under eighteen, it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon. Maybe one day though! :)

      Delete
    5. THAT WOULD ROCK!!! #RebelliousWritingPanel (Y'all know how much I hate hashtags, but I'm so passionate about this.)

      Delete
  2. This has to happen some day! (I might bring you all over to Australia, haha!) I would love for you to teach me how to ride a horse---I've sadly never ridden one before. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!! I would love to go to Australia someday. It just looks so beautiful, and I love the Aussie accent.

      Not to mention your wild Brumby horses. I'd love to meet/ride one in person.

      And actually, I rode my draft horse in an Australian saddle for years (though I just got a treeless English saddle now). And I have an Australian/Western saddle hybrid that I like to ride my gaited horses in. Very comfortable!!

      Delete
    2. But seriously...I need a reason to go to Australia. "See, this random person I met invited me to her house. She blogs..."

      Delete
  3. This is AWESOME! I am determined to meet most, if not all, of my blogging buddies because we need to make this happen!!!

    ~Ivie
    iviewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Maybe for a #RebelliousWritingPanel

      Or an #OrderofthePen meeting.

      Or something.

      Delete
    2. Uh, yes, we need an #OrderofthePen meeting. Absolutely!

      Delete
    3. Just something. I want to meet everyone. I think Order of the Pen and Rebellious Writing have similar themes, right? Clean writing for all?
      <3

      Delete
    4. Similar themes, definitely! I think RW is more about getting the word out that we're tired of the stuff in YA, correct?

      While OotP is a writing group where we help each other plot, edit, and so on.

      Delete
  4. sounds like a fun idea! Y'all could dress up as your favorite characters!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be lots of fun! But I don't think it'll ever happen. Not until we all publish our stories and become rich and famous, that is! :)

      Delete