September Wrap-Up

Wow.  September went by sooooooo fast and NaNo approaches and colder weather and sweatshirts and fuzzy socks and the animals are all covered in burrs.

So how did September go?

My family went hiking with Sarah's family on Labor Day.  I love the trail to the waterfall (except the stairs, hate those).


Top of the waterfall...
 

The waterfall itself (so pretty!)
Also sent Words of Gold to my Alpha Reader, and just got her notes back the other day (super helpful and can't wait to make this book even better).

Had Hurricane Florence come through (thankfully, no damage done, at least to my place).
 
Rainbow after the storm
 
Went on a ride with my Dad (who doesn't normally ride bareback, but we were feeling adventurous).
 
Riding in the evening is so relaxing

I typed up the synopsis for Words of Song, and it looks like I'm going to have to completely re-write the enter book (fun).

Also went to the Write2Ignite Conference (first conference ever; left with a bunch of stuff to think about).
 
Literary Treasures book table (featuring Fawkes and The Girl Who Could See!!!!)

My brother got me a notebook for note taking (do I not have a cool brother??)

Book room (yes, I did get books)

Wandering around between sessions

Still wandering around

Jenny Cote, the key-note speaker


The road sign where I found the name Julian, so many years ago, when I was a young, aspiring writer in search of a name for a character....then later chose it as a penname.
 

Also finished the Out of Time Trilogy, by Nadine Brandes (pretty good, though not my favorite genre).

Hope y'all had a good month.  Anyone hit by the hurricane?  Should I do a post on what I learned at Write2Ignite?

10 comments:

  1. Great wrap up post! Yes, you should definitely write a post on what you learned at the conference!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a fun September!

    Good luck with your rewrites! *sends virtual support cupcakes*

    Hope you have an amazing October! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cupcakes, yes!! I'm probably going to need them. XD

      Delete
  3. I’m glad to hear that you guys didn’t get harmed by the hurricane! *sigh of relief*

    And you can do the rewrites! For me, it’s actually . . . kind of fun? (Yes, that is exactly why I’m procrastinating on rewriting my WIP. It's fun. XD)

    Hope you have a great October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do enjoy them, it just takes a little more brainpower, and lazy ol' me likes being able to listen to music and relax instead of stare at the screen contemplating every. single. word. choice.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow, that waterfall is gorgeous! I wish I could have gone. :)

    I wish you all the best with your rewrites, and hope you have a wonderful October!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing!! Ever find yourself in NC and we'll take you!

      Delete
  5. Best of luck with your rewrites!

    The conference looked like fun!

    ReplyDelete