July Wrap-Up

This month seemed to fly by.  Mostly because of Camp NaNo, but still...

Camp NaNoWriMo

I was in the OotP Camp Cabin, hosted by Sarah.  OotP members Evan, Arreth, and Ella took part, and we also had Brooklyne as a guest.  We all had a lovely time, and got a lot of editing and drafting done.  Not to mention we all reached our goals!!

Camp Goal:  Reach 13 hours  Complete!
Personal Goal:  Edit the entirety of Words of Gold  So I got very close to this, but just couldn’t quite make it. I have three and half scenes left, so I will easily finish by the end of the week, at least.

I managed to get my time goal quite easily.  I probably should have set my goal higher, but I had the same goal in April, and barely managed it with 15 hours total.

Lesson Learned:  Buckle down and do it.  I piddled around at the start of the edits, whining that I didn't know what to do.  But once I started reading the scene, correcting things, adding things, changing things...then stuff got done!

GTW 100-4-100

This was my first time taking part in one, and I really enjoyed it!!  I had a bit of a mix-up because I went on vacation and while I was able to write every day during that time, I neglected to log my word count...so then I had to figure out what was written on which day and that was kind of a mess!

Lesson Learned:  Take the extra two minutes to get your bullet journal and a pen and write in the word count.  Seriously.  Just do it.

Reading

Despite spending a lot of time writing, I managed to get some reading done, so I'm quite proud of myself.  I'm well on my way to my 50 book goal for the year!  I have the yearly church conference I go to in August, so I should get even more reading done on the drive there and back.

Lesson Learned:  Don't start reading ten minutes before lights out.  You will end up reading waaaaaaay past your bedtime.

General Life

I wish I could have gone to Realm Makers, but it was fun to hear everyone's stories.  And perhaps I'll be able to go next year!

Chickens are happy.

The rooster Toothless.

The neighbors have fireworks contests...

Trail running.

And trail riding.

I tried to get some writing done.

Went on a two-night vacation to get some salt air.

Fishing boats and dusk!

Spice doesn't want his picture taken.

Starting to clean out the barn.

Grilling out in the mountains!

Mountain life.

Flowers by the greenhouse.

Finished putting up the fence line.

Lizard on the gate post.

Even managed to go out for a trail ride with my mom!

Lesson Learned:  There are countless little things you can get accomplished in ten minutes.  They may not seem important, but the end results are epic!  (Like having an entire fence put up, or cleaning the barn!)

9 comments:

  1. Aww, I love chickens! And yours are so precious!!! <3 <3

    Congrats on the nano win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Methinks I need to do a chicken post. Everyone seems to like those pictures... :)

      Delete
  2. Great wrap up post! Looks like you were very productive in the month of July! Camp nano was lots of fun! Thanks for inviting me! ;D I'm so happy with what I got accomplished!

    Those are awesome pictures! Loved the animal pictures and those mountains!

    I hope you have a really good August! I can't believe July is already over!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun to see just how much you can get done when you set yourself a goal and buckle down to reach it! Last camp I set the exact same goal and barely made it...and then I went a little crazy this month...

      Delete
  3. Awwww, your cats are so cute! <3

    Sounds like you had an excellent July, Julian! Hope you have a good August, and congratulations on the Camp NaNo victory! *trumpet fanfare*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're annoying, but I love them. :)

      *bows* Now on to the epic 50K in November!!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on finishing Camp Nano! I love the pictures of your chickens xD

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a great Camp this time round. I can't wait until NaNoWriMo proper. It's going to be a crazy madhouse, but super fun!!

    Great job reaching your goal! And exceeding it by a lot! That's so awesome!

    ReplyDelete