Shared WIP Tag, Part Two

Welcome, everyone, to part two of the Shared WIP Tag!!  Hope everyone is having a good NaNo and is enjoying their novels!

 
Introduce your MC a little and tell us something quirky about them.
Marywyn is a village girl, around twenty-something, and she loves gardening.  I wouldn't really call her a quirky person, though she likes playing little jokes now and then, and she really enjoys helping the village healer as he tends to people. 
What does your MC value the most?
Her family and friends, but especially her siblings, Dominin and Saran.  Then she slowly starts to realize that she may be putting them before God, and that she should be trusting in and prizing Him above all.
What is your MC’s wildest dream?  What is their greatest fear?
Marywyn stills dreams of rescuing her brother, but as time goes on, it becomes more and more likely that he was killed.  And so she begins to realize that she might never see him again – her greatest fear.
What is your MC’s favorite food?  Can they cook?
Marywyn loves berries, or really, anything fresh from her garden.  She’s not the best chef around, but she does know how to cook and can make some good meals, though being a villager, she’s used to simple fare and probably couldn't make something super extravagant.
What do you (the writer) have in common with the MC?  What do you not have in common?
Well, Marywyn and I both love to sing, though she’s better at it than I.  And I know how to play instruments, while she doesn’t.  I love to read and can’t keep a plant alive to save my life, and she struggles to read and is a pretty dedicated gardener.  I love horses and she tolerates them only because they’re faster than walking on her own two feet.
What lie does your mc believe about himself/the world?
Marywyn believes that since she’s just a simple village girl, who can barely hold her own with a weapon, that she is quite useless and has no part to play in history.  She can’t understand why important things keep falling upon her to do when there could be others possibly more suited to doing them.
Who is their best friend and why?
Wisdom Ravencroft, probably.  Though Wisdom is everyone’s best friend, to be honest.  But I think she has a sweet spot for Marywyn.
What song best describes them in this book?
The violin, the slightly creepy tone, but also a bit adventurous, motivating...
What is their personality type?
Crap, I hate these… I got ISFJ when I took the test for her, but I dunno...kind of, I guess?  I really don't go through the types much, to be honest.  So I'm not sure how accurate it is.
Why should your readers care about this person?
Because Marywyn is like a lot of us...she dreams of going on adventures and being a hero, but when she actually does get to go galloping off with a sword, she realizes that it's dangerous.  Not to mention sleeping on the ground is hard, and spending all day in the saddle is painful, and speaking to royalty can make your knees knock together, and tell you what, just stay home because it's a lot safer and less strenuous.
Don't forget to check out the other blogs!!!

Gray
Ceci
Sarah
Nicole
Keturah
Ariel
Brooklyne
Lisa
Melissa
Jem
Julia

21 comments:

  1. Oh, I do like how your character sounds! I totally relate to typing characters . . . it's hard enough doing it in real life ;p also, that song is amazing. . . saving it on youtube. I really love Marywyn though, and love how you say Wisdom is everyone's best friend. That just painted a great image in my mind of who Wisdom is ;)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wisdom was such a fun character to write. Really super sweet and friendly and the kind of person who just cares about everyone. More of her later in the month!

      Delete
  2. Oh, I love that she is a gardener!!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I was a gardener, but I fail miserably with plants, sadly.

      Delete
  3. Haha, I also have a black thumb....AND I KEEP GETTING PUT IN CHARGE OF CARING FOR OUR FLOWERS....But I really love the sound of your MC!!

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like, I almost killed an "unkillable" plant from CA that my mom got me. Because I overwatered it.

      Delete
  4. Oh I love this! She sounds amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's been such a fun character to write! One of the first that I've really enjoyed, actually.

      Delete
  5. Marywyn sounds amazing I don’t hear about many MCs that are gardeners, so that just makes her even cooler!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Sam from LotR is a gardener, and I kind of consider him to be the MC, of sorts. The hero, anyway. :)

      Delete
  6. Ah, I very much love Marywyn!! It's always fun to read about her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's great, isn't she?? Especially when with another certain character...

      Delete
  7. I SO want to read this book! =D Hurry and write it already!!!!!

    (My post is up! Sorry for it being so late, we were running errands all day)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay for a gardener character!! She sounds sweet, I'd love to be her friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is sweet, yeah. Very friendly. Maybe a bit of a worrier...

      Delete
  9. Ohmigosh, Julian, Taylor Davis AND Peter Hollens?!?!?!?!?!?!? Ohmigosh I love those two so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Great post! It's funny how we authors talk about characters as if they're real, isn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited when I found that song...like, everything about it is great!

      It is funny, yeah...would be nice if they were real, but then again, the world would have a ton more tortured souls. So maybe it's best they're just in books. :)

      Delete
  10. Yeah... I reckon I'm a bit of a [pre-adventure] Bilbo Baggins myself. Adventures are all very well, but they're uncomfortable things best confined to a good book. (Still. That's not the right moral for Marywyn to learn. Don't listen to me, Marywyn... ;P)

    - Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete