August Wrap-Up

I don't even know where to start.  August was BUSY.

Just...just see for yourselves...

I crossed off "Drive Pepper" from my Yearly To-Do list.  (And found out I could drive on a long gravel drive belonging to a nearby park, so hoping to get out there sometime, too.)

Went to the FCC Church Conference.  Lots of people.  Lots of fun.  Lots of amazing sermons that I would highly recommend.  Especially this one.

Had a friend visit from Canada, and we went to the Ark Encounter together, as it was on her bucket list.  Pretty cool stuff...

Took Canadian friend to the local mountain to see the sunset.


Also went bowling.  Didn't come in last, so that's cool.

Did a last-minute trip to our favorite boating town, and apparently the hotel now has a cat.  In my room. 
Fishing boats.  :)



Went to Fort Macon.


Can't take them anywhere...

Cool fort, though.  We went into one of the damp cellars and sang some Psalms in the echoey darkness... 

Met up with Sarah and her brother for an evening at Carowinds.

My favorite ride.  :)

Riding coasters at night is FUN!!  (And somehow I did this one more than any others...)

And hiked along the Blur Ridge for an afternoon. 
Hiking buddy.


Getting the beasties in shape for the next Ride and Tie!

When you've got two horses to get in shape, but only one person to ride...just take them both and take turns riding!

If you've seen the Duck Video, then you know.  If you haven't, WATCH THE DUCK VIDEO.

Whew!  Hope y'all made it through that.  I'm reaaaaaallly hoping September won't be quite as packed!  

Enjoy your Labor Day - and don't work too hard.  :)

13 comments:

  1. The duck video is amazing. I need to watch it AGAIN. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously. I want to do something that epic someday...

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you've been having a lot of fun!! :) Have a gr8 September!!
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great month, Julian! That sunset pic is BEAUTIFUL. Hope you have a lovely September! <3 <3 <3
    Also, hi! I'm new to your blog but think I'll be staying awhile ;)

    - Ash

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
  4. Lol I'd never seen the duck video, but that's hilarious. xD

    I would really love to see the Ark Encounter!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a full month. I got some riding in too. :)
    Have a lovely September.

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ark Encounter! Carowinds! The mountains!!!! AHHHHH I miss living in North Carolina so much....

    I hope your September is amazing! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAROWINDS IS EPIC AND I LOVE IT. :D And oh my word, I need to visit the Ark Encounter sometime.

    Sounds like you did a lot of traveling in August! So much fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your pictures! Happy September :)

    MB: keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB: thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete