2019 Recap

So. 2019 is over.

-Presbytery was in Canada, and I got to meet some awesome people and see many old friends
-Went to Realm Makers with Sarah and Evan and met my writing peeps
-Got to pitch Words of Bravery at Realm Makers (haven't got any responses back...which isn't a no, haha)(okay, so maybe it is a no after waiting this long...)
-Wrote Ships, Secrets, and Survivors for NaNo
-Went to the Ark Encounter with a dear friend
-I made a meme for about our repair business




-Found out Bree has navicular and it's incurable and he will only get worse until he's completely unridable
-Haven't heard back on my pitches at Realm Makers
-A friend had to put her old first horse that taught me everything horse down and she's been taking it really hard
-My siblings are growing up and they're not supposed to???
-We still do not have a pastor for our congregation (our original pastor retired a few years back)
-Saw a harp for sale on Craiglist in the area and should have snatched it up but now it's gone and I have regrets

2019 Goals

Read 100 Books And yes I did reach this goal (yay). I read a total of 111 books, so that's cool. One was a Calvin and Hobbes comic book, though.

Pitch Words of Gold Yes!! Twice! I also submitted it to a third place, but so far, I have yet to hear back from anyone.

Go to Another Writer's Conference YES REALM MAKERSSSSS!!! I might have gone to Write2Ignite as well, but I went to a Ride and Tie race instead.

NaNoWriMo So this was a goal because at the beginning of 2019 I was editing everything and had no idea what I was going to write. Then Sarah told me I could just finish off the book we were writing together, and so then I had no idea if we even had 50K left to write in the book...but yes I reached 50K, and the book still ended up being around 80K.

Run Another Ultra Technically, no, I did not run another Ultra. Work was busy and I simply wasn't running enough (not that that hasn't stopped me before). I went to the site of the race I wanted to run, and was considering signing up and just running and speed-walking my way to the finish line, but I decided to make the wise choice and not do it. But I volunteered for the race instead and helped, and that was really fun.

Compete with Bree in a Ride and Tie I did two races with Bree this year. One in May: a ten miler on a rainy day. We were the only ones doing the short distance, and then 3 teams did the long distance. So a good one to start with. The other was in September: another ten miler, but at a huge race. And we got DQd for intermittent lameness, after which I took Bree home and to the vet and found out about his navicular...but yes, we did race. :)

Go Through the M'Cheyne Reading Plan YES! This was my first time to ever successfully complete the plan, so I'm pretty excited about that.

Drive Pepper More Often Well, I drove him once. Which is more than I can say for other years. And he got driven for a fairly long time - not just up the driveway and back, so that's nice. So yes, we did reach this goal.


~~*~~

Anyways, I'd like to have another of those photo dumps and just share a few things. And I hope y'all have a lovely start to your 2020.

January - Found out how to get all three horses some exercise at the same time, lol

February - The 2019 Winter Games were held!!

March - Airsoft game played in 30 degree freezing rain.

April - Surprised Dad for his birthday with a huge family camping trip.

May - Sarah and I raced Bree in his first Ride and Tie race.

June - Trip to Canada for Presbytery.

July - Realm Makers Writing Conference!!

August - Visited the Ark Encounter with a dear friend from Canada, crossing that off her bucket list. :)

September - Took the horses to the county fair.

October - Volunteered at the local Ultra Marathon race.

November - The ice skating rink opens for the season!

December - Fun group ride.
Hope y'all had a lovely 2019...and let the fun of 2020 begin!!

11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'd love to make a blog or SM account for the repair business...it's quite an interesting life, that's for sure!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year!!! That's amazing about reading 111 books, and congrats on NaNo and going to Realm Makers! All your pictures are so lovely *heart eyes*
    I hope you have a beautiful 2020 <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might visit the ark this year!
    Your pictures are so cool and I love that meme you made, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, 2019 was a really packed year of so many good things. I'm glad we were able to do more stuff together (and I'm really looking forward to our PLANS this year!!).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great year! 111 books is so much! Happy New Year!!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo! You did a lot, so glad I got to see you at Realm Makers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Hopefully I'll see you there again sometime!

      Delete