Realm Makers 2019 Recap

So I went to Realm Makers.


I'm not even going to attempt to describe the trip.  In a nutshell: a lot of sitting, but it was worth it.



After all, 12+ hours one way in a 15 passenger van can be very fun when you've got the right folks doing the trip with you.  And I had the right folks.



And sitting for multiple sessions can be very tiring unless you have the right folks to chat with.  And all the realmies are such amazing people.


Stopping at Fort Massac. 

Have mandolin - will travel.

Opening night keynote.  :)

Dinner with Evangeline and Sarah.

Hanging out with some writing peeps for breakfast.

Independent Publishing course.

Some of the most AMAZING blogging gals ever!!
Evan, Sarah, Nicole, and Faith!

The epic (and super tall) Claire.

Lord of the Rings crew.

Millie - she made her skirt and it's so pretty!!!

Agent Carter, anyone??  (Or Savannah.)

Honestly, Mary Liz's hair is AMAZING.

And the lovely Hope Ann.

It's Christine!!!!

And Jill Williamson of GoTeenWriters fame!!!
And the amazing Jaye L. Knight!


Sew, it's a steampunk Clara with a Nutcracker!

Pardon me geeking out over my favorite author....Tricia!!!

I found Captain America!!
And Bucky!!!

Driving home in the pouring rain.
Well, it was a lovely time.  Can't wait until next year!!

I loved getting to meet new people.  Meet bloggers that I've known.  Talk to author's.  Get books signed.  And learn more and more about writing, editing, and publishing.  I got to pitch for the first time (not as scary as it seems, y'all!) and walk around playing my mandolin.

Seriously.  Great times.

Also, for anyone who is interested, I played a song by the Ohio river.  The video can be found here.  Enjoy!!!

25 comments:

  1. All these pictures are FANTASTIC! <3 Love your recap, and I'm so glad we got to meet in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely recap. I see my brain twin!!!!

    I love seeing all the blog frens meeting each other. One day, I will be there. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. EEK, it was AWESOME that we got to meet!! Your mandolin was seriously awesome. :)

    Amazing recap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks!! It was so great to meet you IN THE FLESH (not trying to sound weird, of course)!!!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back, Julian!!! All these pics look so fun!! <3 And also your mandolin is amazing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've taken my mandolin on a number of trips, and it's so nice to be able to pull it out and play it during some down time. :)

      Delete
  5. It was such an amazing trip!! I'm so glad the Lord allowed us to go. And, can I say, that the van actually made it extra fun??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the van was the perfect vehicle for the trip!

      Delete
  6. Looks like fun! And ooh, I've been to Fort Massac before! It's pretty cool. :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't plan on going to Fort Massac, actually. It just was by the hotel and we were originally going to go and get in a quick run, but ended up sightseeing and mandolin playing instead. :)

      Delete
  7. Oh looks so so.fun!!!
    I'm going to have to go sometime! :)
    Your all dressed up! I love to dress up!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The awards dinner is a popular part of Realm Makers...everyone loves an excuse to get in a costume!

      Delete
  8. I love all those pics!! Sounds like RM was epic!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was!! I'm really glad I got to go this year!

      Delete
  9. ahhhh so sad I didn't get to go and see you all! But these pics almost make up for it! GREAT POST and SOOOOO glad you had fun!!!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're gonna be there next year, right, right??

      Delete
  10. It was SO GOOD to meet you at RM, Julian! Wish we'd been able to talk longer - I'm glad you grabbed me for that Peggy pic! :D I'm so happy your first Realm Makers was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thrilled to get to meet you!! Hopefully I'll be back next year, too. :)

      Delete
  11. Great pictures! So glad I got to meet you.
    Wish I had realized who you were earlier, I blame lack of sleep. XD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Conferences do have a lot of sitting, but the earful of knowledge makes it worth it. I love all the pictures! And the video you did was really cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like the most absolute fun thing in the history of fun!!! I'm glad you had a awesome time!!! :) I was wishing so bad I could go...but life. xD

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete