October // Fall // Camping

"The fire dances on the leaves of the trees
And no one hears but the forest and me."
Camping, anyone?
This is the main reason I love Fall: there's a better excuse to go camping!!!  And who doesn't love sitting on the bug-infested ground, with smoke in your eyes, watching your dinner burn to a crisp, and a cool breeze blowing leaves in your hair?
I love it.
I also love sleeping in my camping hammock, staring up at the stars while listening to raccoons drag my marshmallows into the bushes.
Because, really, sleeping in is overrated.  Who remembers how many times you slept in?  But camping trips - those memories will last forever.
As will that instinct to grab your marshmallows at the slightest rustle in the bushes.

14 comments:

  1. I'm not overly fond of camping. It's kind of one of those things that I can take or leave. Mostly leave. I always feel like a fish out of water without my kitchen, my cat, or my cozy bed. Besides, the food is beyond disgusting.

    But I'm glad you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...camping at Iron Mountain is fun, right??? When you're not getting run over by escaped horses or panicking about the race in the morning...

      Delete
  2. I can never make up my mind about camping... sometimes I love it, sometimes I hate it! :P

    But I'm glad you had fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually like it...unless it's freezing cold out, or rainy. I hate being wet and/or cold!! But when it's nice outside, I enjoy it!

      Delete
  3. I'm not a camper, but I wish I wash! Nature really is wonderful (it's just the things in nature that don't like me). :P Hope you enjoy(ed) yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And nature is super inspiring for writing!! I was typing out by a fire the other day (and getting mocked for bringing a laptop camping, but hey, it's NaNo!) and it was so relaxing!!!

      Delete
  4. Yeshhhhh I LOVE camping!!!

    Being out in the great outdoors, cooking over a campfire, what fun!!

    I haven't really gone camping in a while. Stupid school *pouts*

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lots of fun!! I wish I could have gone camping more this year, but hey - there's always next year!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of camping... but we haven't really done much, just a few family trips in caravan parks. (We didn't get raccoons, though...)

    Are you currently camping? or did you go camping in October? :)
    - Jem

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I was thinking about camping when I wrote it...but I wasn't camping then...just prepping for a camping trip I took a few days later...a few days ago by the time I'm replying...

      Delete
  6. Sweet post. Enjoy camping and guard those marshmallows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a funny post! Short but sweet! And I LOVE camping. XD

    ReplyDelete