2018 Goals

So I wasn't originally going to post any of my goals.  Because, really, what's the point?  Why set myself up to feel bad that I didn't reach them?

But then I couldn't stop myself.  Any excuse to talk about my stories...

And, when it gets down to it, perhaps posting about them will give me a little more motivation to push and actually reach these writing goals.  cause that's apparently how this works

WRITING PLANS
I do a monthly plan (and have done so for a few years) mostly because it helps me decide what to do for the three months of NaNo (camps in April and July, and NaNo itself) and what I can do in between those months.
January  Finish first draft of Words of Peace
February/March  Edit Words of Gold
April  Finish first draft of Halls of Legend for Camp NaNo
May/June  Catch-up // Edit Words of Song
July  First draft of Secrecy for Camp NaNo
August/September/October  Catch-up // Edit Words of Peace // NaNoPrep
November  NaNoWriMo
December  Catch-Up
Sound doable?

BLOGGING PLANS

Wait, I need plans for Saver of Memories??  *stuffs paper in shredding machine*  Forget the plans, I'm winging my blog this year!

PERSONAL PLANS

I actually make personal plans (spend more time in the Word, keep room clean, pray more, spend more time with family, that sort of thing) every morning while reading the Bible, every evening while reading the Bible, and every Sunday and Wednesday during worship. (Seeing a pattern there?)
But I made a few more general ones at the beginning of this year.
  • Ride the horses more
  • Keep up running
  • Go mountain biking with my brother
  • Try doing some drawing with Evangeline
  • Write Ships, Secrets, and Survivors with Sarah
So, nothing super fancy.  But still, something to work at.  I've got 12 months, so let's see what I can get done!

4 comments:

  1. Great goals, Jules! They totally sound doable! Can't wait to see how your work turns out!

    We also need to plan our next step for SSaS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved reading about your goals, Julian!! Good luck with all of them!!

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best of luck with all of your goals! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh! Arting together sounds like fun! Your other goals are awesome too!

    ReplyDelete