Shared WIP Tag - Current Projects

So, we all know I'm doing Camp NaNo this month.  And that I picked a lousy, super-easy goal.  Am I doing anything else?  *laughs manically*




What projects are you working on in addition to Camp NaNo during April?
I'm also doing 40 minutes of editing Words of Gold a day.  Since Rauladin has been used for camp multiple times, I felt like I should list that as my goal this year.  :)  Especially as it's my "newer" project, and I've been working on Gold for what feels like forever.

Give us some more info on these other projects - maybe a synopsis or an aesthetic.
Aesthetics?  What aesthetics?  heheheheh

Which project is grabbing at your attention the most? Why?
Admittedly, Rauladin has my attention a fair bit, since I've recently started it up again, and it's "new" and "exciting."  But Gold is pretty good at keeping me focused as well.  Frankly, I love both WIPs.

Do you have any plans for how you’re going to finish these projects on the side?
Um, yes...I'm going to focus on Gold edits more than the Rauladin edits.  And then do Rauladin in whatever time I have left in the evenings.  We'll see how that works out.

If you had to set all projects aside and only work on one, which would it be?
Words of Gold, for certain.  I'm mostly doing Rauladin as a bonus-if I do my 40 minutes, I can get 10 minutes of fun with a different story-while still getting writing goals tackled.  It's a win-win!




What is the next step for each of these projects (drafting, editing, aesthetic creation, beta reading, etc.?)
Next step for Gold, after finishing these edits, is to pitch it.  Send out queries.  That sort of thing.  (Hopefully throw at people during Realm Makers??)
Rauladin?  Hmmm...probably get a beta or two, or hire an editor to take a look at it.  I'm a little undecided.  I'll probably see what shape it's in after this round of edits.

Share a snippet from these projects.
And there’s no one to help us?”
Wisdom studied the occupants of the room, than lowered her voice. “Have you heard of the Telae?”
A few stories. Legends. Not real.”
I think they’re real.”
A shiver ran down my spine. “Tell me.”
Stories have to come from somewhere, yes? So they must have existed before. And since I have yet to hear a story of their actual demise, I believe they may still live somewhere.
I tilted my head back, pondering the stories I had heard in the village. “What makes you think they can and will help us?”
What stories have you heard, Marywyn?”
Not many. One about a king who climbed to the tallest mountain peak and fought a wild tiger with his bare hands. My brother always liked that one. I faintly remember another story about some Telae girls who discovered a herd of wild horses and lived with them.”
There are more stories. In all the ones I’ve heard, they are great warriors with a love for peace. That’s why they went into hiding. They were tired of all the kingdoms and countries trying to fight them, so they hid in a place where no one would ever find them.” Wisdom drummed the table with her fingers, absently tapping her foot in time with the beat. “Their children are taught to fight from birth, and one of the greatest honors is to become a Bloodkeeper.”
Where had I heard that title before? Someone, recently…Tilverdale! The man at the ruins had said something about a bloodkeeper, before he was killed. My breath left my body, and I could barely repeat Wisdom’s words. “A Bloodkeeper?

What’s your favorite thing about each of these other projects?
Gold?  Ummmm, I really love the characters and how they all support each other and help each other deal with their problems and dangers.  It's been fairly easy not really and I haven't gotten much writer's block with it.
Rauladin?  Hehe.  The griffins.  I love writing the griffins.  And the ragglyn.  Basically, all the creatures in the book.

Do you have any non-writing goals to try to meet while doing Camo NaNo?
Now that it's no longer raining/cold every day, there's farm work to be done.  Pastures need to be prepared for summer.  I'm also trying to get back to riding the horses for longer distances and pick running back up.

Do these non-writing goals come before or after Camp according to importance?
Well...they usually happen during different times of the day.  I'l run/ride after work, and then do my writing right before bed.  But sometimes when I do longer runs/rides, it ends up eating into my writing time because I still have to shower and eat dinner before turning in to write.

Enjoy - and don't forget to check out all the other participants!

Ceci, Nicole, Catherine, Sarah, Faith, Ariel

10 comments:

  1. Love how you answer the last question by basically saying, "It's all balanced so everything gets its deserved time." PERFECT! Haha. Good luck with Camp!

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Kermit meme is pretty much me as an author......

    The snippet...shivers. Man....now I want to read further....

    ReplyDelete
  3. That meme, though. WHY IS IT SO ACCURATE?????

    And the SNIPPET. the SNIPPET. I LOVE IT SO MUCH.

    ReplyDelete
  4. THE SNIPPET. I lovvveeee it! I must know more. o.o

    Can't wait to hear more about both these stories. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that meme! So hilarious!!

    I hope everything comes together this month and that you'll have some good responses to your pitches at RM.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow!!! This. Is. Great!!! It sounds amazing, Julian!! Continued good luck to you!!

    Blessings and prayers to you! <3

    Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am getting back into riding horses. I can be hard after winter. Also the stories sound really good!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know everyone else is saying the same thing, but your snippet is seriously sooo good!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete