Shared WIP Tag - Yearly Goals

I've already talked about my yearly goals, but we're gonna go over them again.  Never hurts to review, right?



Name your yearly (writing) goals!
(look at me ignore the writing part and just paste all my goals)


  • Read 100 Books
  • Pitch Words of Gold
  • Go to Another Writer's Conference
  • NaNoWriMo
  • Run Another Ultra
  • Compete with Bree in a Ride and Tie
  • Go Through the M'Cheyne Reading Plan
  • Drive Pepper More Often


Which goal are you most looking forward to starting/completing? Why?
Go to a writer's conference!!  Realm Makers, here I come!!!

Is there any goal that you aren’t that enthusiastic about completing? Why?
Run Another Ultra

I mean...I'd love to do one, but I'm too lazy to train.  I barely trained for my last one.  I did a few 12 mile runs and that was it.  The Ultra I'd love to do this year is in my county and on the horse trails I run/ride a lot, so I keep telling myself I have an advantage since I know where the best places to go fast and slow are....but still...I dunno...it's gonna be painful!

(Good news is, I already know the actual distance is not quite a 50K...whereas the Ultra I did last year was OVER the 50K distance.)


Did you maybe set too many goals for this year? ;)
Nah.  I'm good.  I actually made sure I didn't go too crazy...though, after glancing at my list, maybe I still ended up with a few wild goals.

How do you keep on track/accountable with your goals?
Um...I occasionally glance at that page of my bullet journal?  And then every monthly goal list I make has a step to reach all the goals at the end.

Have you told your family about any of your goals? What do they think about your goals?
They know I want to run an Ultra, and some of them are planning to do it with me (yay).  They're excited I'm going to Realm Makers.  They help me find books to read.  So yeah, they're cool with it.

Are you planning to do NaNoWriMo in November?  If so, do you know what you will be writing?
It's on the list!!  Though I really don't know what I'll be writing.  At the moment, I'm thinking it will likely be either Kinsman (a tentative sequel idea for Rauladin) or Strength of Swords (an idea I've been toying with for years and never found time to write yet).  A faint chance it might be a book from Heritage of Kings or Level One, but I would have to work that out with Evan first.

Are you nervous about any of your goals?  Are some out of your comfort zone?
Being a sort of introvert at times, I'm a little paranoid I'll get a panic attack at Realm Makers or say something stupid, lol  But everything else is good.  :)

How are you doing on your goals so far?
Um...over 40 books read so far.  I've run a few times...been keeping up on the reading plan.  Getting the horses in shape for Ride and Ties.  Registered for Realm Makers.  Haven't driven Pepper yet, though, but it HAS been very cold and rainy so far this year.  But things are looking good!!


Don't forget to check out the other posts, y'all! 
ArielSarahCatherine, Nicole, Faith

6 comments:

  1. THE INTROVERT STRUGGLE IS REAL. I’m going to be worried the whole drive to RM that I’m just going to mess up every conversation I try to take part in. #nosocialskills XD

    Good luck with all your goals - especially running that Ultra! That sounds . . . intense. But you got this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck with the Ultra! I can't even run a half mile, haha. You're going to be AMAZING.

    And I can't wait to see you at RM! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh wow, sounds like you've got some good goals!! I hope you reach all of them!! <3 (Ahh, yeah, I'm an introverted shy person myself, soooo...people sometimes freak me out)

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Going to Ream Makers is an awesome goal! I wish I could go! I am shy too... I am trying to be more friendly. ;)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. AHHH!! Please write a sequel to Rauladin! I must know the man in the door!

    REALM MAKERS!! We be road trippin' and it gonna be great!!! I so can't wait!!!!

    And the RAT! I'm so excited for it (though my body is refusing to cooperate for training. Every time I plan to run, my knee or my ankle is like "LOL! NOPE!").

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Love the goals, girl :) From the little snippets you have shared, I would love to see a sequel to Rauladin :)

    ReplyDelete