July Plans

Ah, July!  The month of fireworks, camping out, and doing all things summer.  And what will I be doing?

Camp NaNoWriMo

I'm first-drafting a story that has been sitting on the backburner for over a year.  I got the idea for it during a half-marathon in February of 2016, and let it sit until I wrote the first half for Camp in April.  Here's a quick little blurb:

Muirn only has a few steps left before his plan is complete, and he not only gets to rule the coveted Hayalin Clan, but live in the Castle Rodulyn itself.  He just has one problem: the Princess of the Hayalin Clan (whom he must marry in order to lead the Clan) has disappeared.  And even more of a problem, the Princess is traveling with the best bodyguard in Havendenara.  Most worrisome of all, they were in company with the Rauladin, the only one who leads warriors capable of defeating Muirn's army.  It might be a simple crossing-of-paths, but to be on the safe side, Muirn sends out a spy to learn the truth.  Will they try to stop him from getting what he wants?  Or will they easily be pushed aside?

No, the book is not (entirely) written from the villain's POV, I just was thinking upside-down on how to explain the plot.  My goal is to get another 30,000 words into the story.  That may or may not get me to the end of the book.

I really have no plans for this book beyond Camp.  It may get a sequel.  It may reach 100,000 words and turn into an epic adventure.  It may get to 60,000 and be wrapped up.  But I'm enjoying it.  And, most importantly, it's giving me a quick break from Betrayal and Bravery, so I can return with fresh eyes and new vigor.

Is anyone else doing Camp NaNo?

4 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait for camp. Aside from the fact that I'll miss the first five days and I'm not prepared at all. But other than that, I'm super pumped!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be lots of fun! This story has really been calling my name, and I can't wait to finish it!

      Delete
  2. That sounds like an awesome story! (and that's similar to my Camp goal - get another 10k+ on my WIP) But I almost forgot that TODAY'S THE FIRST DAY OF CAMP and now I'm freaking out. No preparation. Whoops!

    (The cabin chat's quite busy! It's nice to be in an active cabin.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I can't wait for camp. Aside from the fact that I'll miss the first five days and I'm not prepared at all. But other than that, I'm super pumped!

    แคมฟรอก

    ReplyDelete