#NaNoPrep

Ah, the last full week of October.

Actually, yesterday I was operating under the assumption that it was the 29th (which is actually a mistake I make on a regular basis - getting dates mixed up) and was going around like I can't believe October is almost over!!!! and everyone was all we still have a week left and then I realized I had skipped an entire week somehow.

Hold your horses, Julian, it's not time to start writing that novel yet.

Yes, I am excited about my NaNo Novel.  Beyond excited.  It is the last book in my trilogy, and I have been dreaming planning to write this for over two years.  I can recite entire scenes from memory that technically haven't been written yet.  So yeah, I'm really thrilled to be finally writing this book.  (So excited that I'm probably overusing all the -ly words...)

Here's the quick blurb:

The end is here.
There will be peace, or there will be death.
Two enemies, both seeking the death of the Telae, Raybir, and Marywyn the Villager, unite in an attempt to crush the uprisers, but they did not count on one thing: the bravery of those who follow God.
Marywyn and her companions, against terrible odds, rush to save their captured friends and put an end to the war.  But they did not count on betrayal.  Will God give them a victory, or will they lay down their lives for a future triumph they will never see?

I've been working on my synopsis, which went well until things didn't go well and now I have added much more to the story and forgotten to kill off a character I knew was going to die since the beginning and I can't believe dear little Marywyn is going to go through so much trauma and reach the end at last.

But my plan this NaNo is to...

(I'll give you a hint: it's not to reach 50K)

....to reach 50K and still have sanity, some form of cleanliness, and also be organized.

I mean, I've done lots of 50K-in-a-month deals.  And I tend to finish with a week or so left.  But I also usually have various word documents scattered around two laptops, a computer, three flash drives and a phone; not to mention having given up on teeth brushing, putting clothes away, and possibly even sleep itself.

So this year, I want to finish and still be on top of things.  *rubs hands together*  Let's see how this works...

What are your NaNo goals?  If you're not doing NaNo, or you still going to do some sort of challenge for yourself?

19 comments:

  1. ACK! NANO!!!

    Nope, I'm not doing it this round due to busyness and craziness but I wish you the best. :P

    I hope you meet your goal! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can't tell, I'm pretty excited about it, but I understand people not doing it. :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with NaNo, Julian!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU CAN DO THIS! Organization is ALWAYS worth the hassle. I have faith in you, Julian!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Organization works...for the most part. :) I finished my synopsis last night, and it's the biggest synopsis I've written yet for a draft. 5000+ words!

      Delete
  4. ACK NaNo is coming up so fast.
    I really should start plotting. *guilty face*

    Also EPIC BLURB if I do say so. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oy, thanks! I can't believe it's THE END. *sniff*

      Delete
  5. Yay, NaNo!!!! This will be my forth year and I'm totally pumped (albeit maybe not as ready as I normally am). I'm not worried about going anywhere over 50k. Once I reach it, I'll decide if I want to keep writing or take a break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see what word count this story reaches!!! I just hope it doesn't give me any trouble.

      Delete
  6. I hope you survive!

    *cough* That wasn't exactly encouraging, was it?

    Well... just good luck with NaNo!!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was supposed to be getting organised so I could possibly maybe try for reaching 50k?? (actually forget I ever said that, it's too intimidating) By, for example, finishing early with the last unit of study this term. So I don't have to do assessments halfway through NaNo. Buuut... I still haven't done that. >.<

    Anyway, it must be exciting to be writing the last book in a trilogy, Julian!! I hope the 50k goal goes well. :D
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Words cannot describe how excited I am to finish this trilogy!!

      But go and get prepped!! You can totally do this, Sam!!!

      (Welp, I actually went and called you the nickname - do you like? Or should I find a better one?)

      Delete
    2. (hmmm... do I get a cool pair of wings to go with? xD)

      (if you think it fits, I think it's cool :)

      Delete
    3. It might fit. And I'll call Mr. Stark and see if he can get you a pair of wings.

      If I can't get a hold of him, I'll just find you some potatoes.

      Delete
    4. If you would, I'd be most grateful...

      PO-TAY-TERS.

      Delete
  8. No, NaNo for me..but I like your blurb! Ready, set, Nano!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I enjoy NaNo, but I understand other people not wanting to do it.

      Delete