2018 Wrap-Up

Welp.  2018.  *slides fuzzy winter hat off head respectfully*  It's over (or just about).

I just want to say a quick thank you to all those blogger peeps...the ones I follow, the ones who follow me.  Thanks for keeping me going, for being so encouraging and motivating, and for all your comments and blog posts.  I hope y'all had a lovely 2018 and have an even greater 2019 ahead.

 
(Yes, I used my blog header for this and I am not ashamed)

So, back in January, I made a post about my 2018 goals which apparently I forgot about.  That being said, let's see how I did...

Writing Plans

Haha...yeah, these didn't go to plan.  But I had good reasons.  Mostly.

January  Finish first draft of Words of Peace
So I got very close to finishing, but I think I ended up trickling into the next month...

February/March  Edit Words of Gold
And yeah, I tried to keep up with this.  If memory serves, I was very unfocused during this time.

April  Finish first draft of Halls of Legend for Camp NaNo
That's a big #nope.  I continued on with my edits of Words of Gold, which I think is a good thing, and I'm glad I trashed this goal.

May/June  Catch up // Edit Words of Song
Read: goofing off and not really focusing on my work.  Still editing Words of Gold and piddling around.

July  First draft of Secrecy for Camp NaNo
Nope again.  Editing more of Words of Gold.  But finally finishing it up, at least.

August/Stepember/October  Catch up // Edits Words of Peace // NaNoPrep  Finished Words of Gold edit and sent it to my Alpha.  Started editing Words of Song, and realized the whole thing needs to be trashed.

November  NaNoWriMo
Finally getting back on track - wrote 100K of the Words of Song rewrite!

December  Catch up
Um, this wasn't very specific.  Technically it's to finish my NaNo novel, but since I did it all in one month, I just went back to editing Words of Gold some more, and reading a lot.
 
Personal Plans
 
Again, kind of failed...but oh well.
 
Ride the horses more
That's kind of...up to interpretation.  I did ride a lot.  Did I ride every day?  No.  Did I ride every week?  No.  Did I ride multiple times a week?  Sometimes.  But they did get ridden, I promise you that...
 
Keep up running
This one I failed.  I ran that big ol' Ultra marathon, then by July I kind of stopped.  I've been hiking a lot, though, and I did run a 5K in December, but otherwise I didn't keep this up for the last half of the year.
 
Go mountain biking with my brother
Again, I failed.  In my defense, he didn't go anywhere himself, and actually injured himself in the Spring on his bike, so yeah...
 
Try doing some drawing with Evangeline
Finally, something I don't feel guilty about!  Evann and I did do a little bit of drawing together.  Not a lot.  But we did.  Ha.
 
Write Ships, Secrets, and Survivors with Sarah
Yes!  Yes, we did keep this up (until NaNo, admittedly).  The book isn't finished, but it was going strong until we put it aside for November/December.  So I'll check this one off, too.
 
 
Phew!  Glad that part's over with!  Now on to a brief 2018 picture dump...

Bought a new horse at the local auction.  :)
Snow - and a tribute to my old farm dog, who had to be put down during the summer.

Found a snapping turtle in the horse pasture.

Went mountain running (bushwhacking?) with Dad for his birthday.

Horse show - and tribute to my old horse I also had to put down this fall.
My brother built himself a fishing boat - and it actually floats!
Selfie at the Red River Gorge Twin Arch

Write2Ignite conference!

Family vacation to favorite little fishing town.

Lots of running and hiking on the local trails.

Trip to Biltmore with Sarah and Evan.

Foggy 5K in the mountains in December.
My boys - Spirit, Pepper, Bree.  (And the new little puppy.)

Hope you enjoyed it - and have a lovely new year, my friends!

9 comments:

  1. I love how you recapped your goals!! Hilarious! Also, I'm super glad we made progress on SSaS. I'm feeling pretty good about our future progress as well.

    Sorry for all the dear animals you had to say goodbye to. That's never easy, but I do hope things are a little easier on that front in the future.

    I hope 2019 is a great year for you, epic girl!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly forgot about my goals until I was flipping through my blog posts and noticed I did a post about 2018 goals....hmm...

      It'll be a fun year - I hope!

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you had a great 2018! (I’m sorry about all the animals you lost, though - that definitely makes things hard.) I hope you have an even better 2019, Julian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you went on quite a few adventures in 2018! Great post, and Happy New Year! ;)
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgetting goals is honestly such a mood. Glad you got some writing down, even if it wasnt as much as you wanted. I'm so sorry to hear about your animals. (The new horse has a such a beautiful coloring tho *heart eyes*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is why I don't do goals, haha! No need for guilt ;) But seriously, it looks like you did pretty good.

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think I accomplished too many of my goals either, but I had a great year anyway. Love all the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aw, so sorry about your dog. :( I didn't do a good job at any of my goals either, but it's the effort that counts.

    Happy 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like you had quite a full year! I'm sorry about those animals you had to put down; losing a pet is never easy. :( I'm glad you had so many good adventures, though, apart from those sad points. :)

    Girl, I didn't even make writing goals for 2018. :p I'm not planning on making any actual goals for this year either; I just want to start writing again, which I haven't been doing much of lately. Wish me luck, lol

    Happy New year!


    Alexa
    thessalexa.blogspot.com
    verbosityreviews.com

    ReplyDelete