January Wrap-Up

Um, hello, it's February already?? And we all know Feb's gonna go by even faster...

Which, honestly, I'm not going to complain about because I absolutely detest winter and would rather hurry on up and get to spring and summer as fast as I can.

Not that I have anything against winter, it's just...in my area of NC, we hardly ever get snow, but we still get cold temps and rain, so everything just turns to mud. And it's mud everywhere. And cold rain.

So my winter is spent trudging through not-quite-frozen mud and puddles and some times it's warm and sunny but the mud is still there and other times it's just rain rain rain.

And did I mention I have like, 15 minutes of light between when I get home from work and when it gets dark, which is basically enough time to check on all the animals and make sure they have food and water.

*laughs* no, no, I'm fine, really *breaks down into tears* someone please save me and bring summer along already



Ahem. I did (somehow) manage to get some things done this month (yay).

Started off New Years Day with a big group ride. A friend rode Spirit out and then we switched and she rode Pepper back. We got some nice cantering in.

Ponies, draft horses, and everything in between! <3

Pepper being a lovely beastie for a young rider.
I started messing around with Campfire. Should have some reviews and tips and stuff in a post eventually, once I figure things out and finally decide if I like it or not. At the moment, I think I like it, but I just gotta figure things out.






I sold Bree, my little gray Quarter Horse. Went to a home where he'll be a buddy horse and lead grandkids around. The owner understands his navicular issue and will continue to care for him, so that's a nice load off my mind. (Also got to have dinner with Sarah and Joe after dropping Bree off, so that was nice.)

Me after bidding on and buying Bree at auction myself, March 17th, 2018.

Me dropping Bree off at his new home in SC, January 10, 2020.


Organized my laptop and got set up for this "Editing 2020" thing. All three The Red War books are in Scrivener and are set to be torn apart and pieced back together.

Re-read The Wingfeather Saga. Highly recommended series. And started on a re-read of The Blades of Acktar, which is my favorite series EVER.

Crashed the local Wal-Mart because we went to go bowling and discovered that a group had rented the entire building for the night. So, in a small town with no other entertainment choices...we just windowshopped for an evening.



Took an unintended hiatus from Bookstagramming. Like, life got busy and I just forgot to post for the first few weeks and then decided, eh, I'll just get back to it in February.

Did lots of hiking, which is always fun. The local state park just bought a bunch of land and will be creating more trails so even more places to hike will be coming up!











Got together with Sarah and Joe for some ice skating/book buying/world building time. If you live 2ish hours away, make the most of the time spent together, haha.


Don't go on a weekend - I've never seen so many people. Usually we have the rink to ourselves!

Anyways, that was my month. Looking forward to more fun coming this year!

6 comments:

  1. I went Ice skating once this month too. Have a great February! I'm sure looking forward to the coming month. :)

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skating is always a blast. Glad Bree went to a good home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish our ice rink was open year round. Summer time, we have to do roller blading, which just isn't as fun...

      Delete
  3. *in Captain Jack's voice* STOP WISHING HEAT INTO MY WINTER!!!

    Man, our get-together was so fun!!!! Can't wait for this month's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gestures at the warm day we just had* I HAVE BROUGHT PEACE TO MY NEW EMPIRE

      Yes!! Me too!!

      Delete