Writing is a Journey

You ever wish you could wave your hand and all those assorted stories and plot bunnies and random ideas would just...materialize into fully formed books, already printed and bound in hardback copies, perfect to place on your shelf?


Yeah, that would be amazing.


(Suppose I could settle for some paperbacks, though, if that was the only caveat.)


But if we could snap our fingers and just have them all be *poof* done...they wouldn't be quite as special.


I will always remember drafting Sins, Sons, and Siren Songs during the Covid-19 crises, typing my chapter up in Google Docs while Sarah hovers on the other side of the screen, watching each word go up as I type.


I will always remember reading old drafts of Words of Gold and loving the scenes that will never make it into a final draft...but are so sweet and powerful and beautiful.


I will always remember the snippets, the character journals, the personal fanfics of my own stories...where would they be if I just snapped my fingers and made the finished project?


Sometimes we can grow impatient with how long things take. But enjoy the journey. Enjoy the little memories that spring up alongside the path. Enjoy writing

6 comments: