NaNo Update

So I'm halfway through NaNo at the moment.  And it looks like I have survived this far (mostly).  And Scrivener has been great to use.  Instead of splitting chapters, I'm doing scenes.  So that's different, but not so different it's weirding me out.
Words of Peace, however, is behaving nicely.

Current Word Count:
37,594

Current Body Count:
6

Times I Forgot a Character Was Supposed to be Somewhere:
4
Additional Notes:

I've been keeping track of my time spent (a new thing I'm trying).  It keeps me from doing too much staring into space and from taking breaks to check distraction sites.  So far, I've only forgotten to start it once, and am pretty good at turning it off.

Doing good on keeping hair and teeth brushed, and staying hydrated.  I did a race last Saturday, and am using the swag to keep my bedroom stash of snacks and water well stocked.

And I have not deviated (much) from my outline.  Yay!!  The only real change I made was more of an bonus.  The outline was sort of "and they go travel here" and I made it more of a "they travel here, but on the way a few little exciting incidents happen."  So not really much of a deviation.
So where are y'all?  How's NaNo going for you?  Surviving?  Sinking?  Not doing the event so you're actually just chilling and watching everyone stress?  :)

7 comments:

  1. NaNo is treating me just fine. I'm still behind a bit, but that's not too bad. I LOVE MY NOVEL!! It's so much fun! Though you got me on a bunny trail working on my word crawl...

    Glad to see that NaNo hasn't killed you yet. Keep on going! You're almost to the finish line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Glad everything is going well!!

    Keep it up!! Your word count is awesome!!

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite happy with my word count - I like to finish NaNo before Thanksgiving, so I can spend time with family and friends instead of writing.

      Delete
  3. Glad it's going well. You're going to make 50 K-- for sure!! (Body count was fun too)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The body count will be a LOT higher by the end of the book!

      Delete
  4. Oh wow congrats on your wordcount!!! You're doing an awesome job; keep it up and you'll hit that 50K out of the park!

    ReplyDelete