It's Over (In Which Julian Daventry Tries Her Very best Not to Cry)

It's over, guys.  It's done.
I have officially finished the first draft of Words of Peace.
I CANT BELIEVE IT IM SO THRILLED I HAVE LONG WAITED FOR THIS DAY
From a journey that started early 2015, I have reached the next milestone.  Three finished first drafts to complete the trilogy.  Now it's on to the edits.
So much has changed in this trilogy since I first started writing, and I love every single new detail.  There is a lot that will have to be fixed in editing (*cough cough* the second book is in an entirely different POV *cough cough*) (and let me not mention the characters who were removed or added halfway in) (and tons of other discrepancies) but I'm really excited to start this next step in my journey.
For the record, this book is my longest yet, finishing off at a super 114K words.  I don't over-write scenes, but I'm not a bare-bones first drafter, either.  It mostly just depends on each scene and how I feel as I write - so some scenes will be trimmed, some added to, a few scenes removed, and others added.  So I'm not sure what the end word count will be.
BUT THIS IS GONNA BE GREAT GUYS.
*runs off to celebrate*

27 comments:

  1. Don't cry! You'll be back to it soon . . . XD

    And way to go! Congratulations on finishing a first draft - and a trilogy!! That's seriously impressive. *throws confetti*

    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!! Julian you did it! :D You finished a trilogy! :D Amazing job!

    Snaps

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Claps* Congrats! But don't cry. You still have months of time left with your characters during edits. But then there's the sadness, of course, where you don't get to create anything new with them. That's a bit sad, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, trust me...there's more coming with these guys. :) The more I write about them, the more I find that there is to tell.

      Delete
  4. CONGRATS JULIAN!!!! *shoots off confetti cannon*

    Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeee YAYYYYY!!!! *hugs* *blasts confetti cannon* *shrieks* YAY JULIAN!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For one second from just reading title I thought you were quitting blogging or something... *sighs in relief*

    YAY, I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU! HOW AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was worried for a moment, too. So glad it wasn't that! :D

      Delete
    2. Maybe that was intentional... *cues evil laugh*

      Delete
  7. AAAAHHHHH I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!! *jumps up and down like a maniac* Congrats!!! This is a super exciting moment I just have no words except AAAHAH;JK;J;JLKHLSHJCHSD!!!!! XD XD <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My words exactly...if it wasn't close to midnight when I finished, I probably would have run screaming around the house. XD

      Delete
  8. Congrats! I'm sure you are just feeling great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A little sad, actually...I really enjoy drafting. But I can't wait to start editing!

      Delete
  9. *stands and applauds* DUDE. YOU FINISHED A WHOLE TRILOGY?? wow. I am so impressed!!! o.o That's like, a bucket list thing for me! Bravo! *keeps clapping and high fiving* Now go each chocolate and celebrate your own epicness!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH MY GOODNESS, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! That's sooooooooo exciting!! *screams* Best of luck with edits! xD

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOORAY! CELEBRATE! chocolate anyone?? What an accomplishment...but now, the revision work begins!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Fighting! So proud, JD, so proud of you...*claps enthusiastically*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MWAHAHA The next step is ahead, Evan. Hope you're up to help me through it with support and sarcasm?

      Delete
  13. OH MY GOODNESS CONGRATULATIONS THAT IS THE BEST FEELING EVERRR. *confetti and chocolate* So proud of your dedication, Julian!!

    ReplyDelete