How I Blog (a miniseries)

Today I want to give you all a little insight into my blogging process.  Read it and learn, dear fellow bloggers.  Because I know exactly what I'm doing.

(Read: I have no idea what I'm doing, but apparently I'm doing it fairly well.)


Get an Idea

Kind of an obvious starting place, hmm?  Maybe someone else does a post that I want to imitate and share my own ideas.  Maybe I've got something on my heart to share.  Or maybe I just feel like giving some advice or making people laugh.  In any case...inspiration has hit!

Type it Up

Easy, right?  Wrong.

See, I don't have internet at my house, just the wifi from my phone...which is slooooooow.  Uploading pictures is especially a pain.  Typing a post up on my phone, however is even more of a pain.  I do have a wireless keyboard for my iPad, which works well, except my iPad has the battery life of like...ten minutes...

Sometimes I'll type up parts of a post while on lunch break at work, but when I open them on my laptop and edit in Blogger...the formatting goes completely haywire.


But I eventually get it done.  Somehow.

Accidently Publish the Post


Who had the brilliant idea to put the Save button right beside the Publish button???

Spruce Up the Post

Provide the links to bloggers and sites referenced...find pictures to go with the points...get a pretty header...catch any typos....add some tags...the standard stuff, I guess.

Schedule the Post

Easy enough.  The next available Wednesday at 8:35 AM.  Don't ask my why I picked that particular time.  I'm weird sometimes.

Get Another Idea

I start drafting the next post, eager to share my wisdom.  Because I know everything there is to know about writing, obviously.

Edit It

Because even amazing posts have errors...and as I start catching those errors, I begin to realize this post idea isn't that great.

Delete It

No one probably wanted to read my tips at playing Ping-Pong anyway.

Get Another Idea

Seems like I'm always thinking "This would be a great blog post!"

Instantly Forget the Idea

Did my bad memory come from the time we crashed the Jeep?  The time I spun off a horse into the rose bushes?  The radioactive banana pudding Evan and I ended up with the day we blew up the oven?  Did I inherit it from my Dad?  I know I can't remember things, but at least I could remember to write them down before I forget them!!
Another Idea Hits
Like I said...I'm full of ideas.
Type It Up
Somehow.
Turn It Into a Series
Why have one post when you can have a bunch of posts??  One idea feeds another...and guess what??  There are more "How I..." posts coming up!

14 comments:

  1. YES SO TRUE! Who the heck decided, "Oh, I’ll just put the save button next to the publish button! Nothing bad will happen this way!" SO. WRONG. The amount of times I’ve accidentally published a post when it was in its baby stages: too many.

    Such a true post! I’ve got so many drafts of posts I’ve started, then changed my mind about. I laughed several times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It’s so frustrating!!!! Especially because I tend to not really look at what I’m clicking...until it’s too late...

      Delete
  2. This post is totally fun to read! Sounds like you have a good blogging plan. Schedule. Got it down to a science. A method to your madness. (Not sure why I described that sentence ending in like four ways, but... oh well!)
    Typing a whole post on your phone sounds time consuming. Difficult. Tedious. Would take lots of dedication. (Oh no, I did it again! Don't think I'm too weird!!!)
    -Brooklyne :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think someone had a little too much sugar today, lol I love having plans, though I also like doing random things. :)

      Delete
    2. FROZEN HOT CHOCOLATE DRINKS! What can I say?! Lol

      Delete
  3. haha, this was such a fun read!

    I used to blog with my cell phone, and actually did a series on that. And, yes it was painful! So much easier to do with an Android phone than an iPhone (I found this out through experience).

    I'm glad to have those days over and to have invested in a laptop, but definitely learned some stuff ;)

    8:35. That's epic ;)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also, I think it's so funny that you and Ivie both wrote on this topic today! Great minds think a like, yes? ;D

      Delete
    2. That is funny...and not planned. However her series will be different from mine, as I’m moving to other “How I” kind of posts.

      Laptops are amazing!!!! Though I’m looking for a smaller one that I can fit in my purse (or book bag, as my mom calls it) and carry around with me.

      Delete
  4. This sounds about right! Mine included a lot of snacking and a breakdown or two.
    XD

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Accidently Publish the Post" <---YEP, THAT'S ME TOO. :''D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scheduling posts at very random times is something I'll do too! bUT what happens to me is FORGETTING I must press publish after I schedule it. Big oops to when I go and check to see if the post is live.
    Simply Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that before...it's quite annoying...

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete