February Wrap-Up

February was a mess.  Not emotionally or anything.  Just...it rained.  And rained.  And continued to rain.  Occasionally we would get a day off, but otherwise, it's been raining, rainy, or cloudy.  And when it's sunny...well, it's still winter, so it's cold.

Perfect reading and writing weather.

Not perfect farming weather.  I have permanent mud stains on just about every pair of blue jeans I own.  (Trying not to complain too much, since I know others in the US have been having lots and lots of snow.)

 

Favorite Read of February

I would say Drive, by Joyce Moyer Hostetter.  It's not really my genre, but I won it in a giveaway, and apparently it's the last (or most recently published, anyway) in a series.  Which I didn't know before I read it.  (And this isn't my first time doing so.)

It's a really cute story about two twin sisters, living in Hickory, NC.  Their Dad has come home from the war with PTSD, and the sisters are constantly trying to beat the other in everything (grades, etc).  At first it seems like a cute read...but then it pulls you in and you're feeling for both twins and seeing where they're right and where they're wrong.  Oh, and NASCAR.  Which isn't my thing, but still cool.

And the ending.

It's good.

Favorite Movie of February

Um...Flubber.  Please don't ask.  It's an old family favorite.  The basketball scene has us in tears (the looks on everyones faces...and the same shot that gets used 4 or so times...)

Daily Bible Reading Plan

Still on track.  :)

Inevitable Photo Dump

So, basically, I've been doing a bunch of stuff indoors.  Lots of ice skating with friends.

Sarah and Joe made the drive to come and hang out.

When you've got friends from up north visiting?  Take 'em ice skating!

We did get one really nice and sunny day, and I got to take the day off and go trail riding on Bree, which was really nice.

Seriously, though, this little guy is sloooooooww!

The local mountains.


Look how warm it is!!!

Played some airsoft with some friends in the pouring rain.  It was about 40 degrees outside.  We were cold.  We were soaked.  We were having fun nonetheless.

Started editing Words of Gold.  Adding some new scenes, taking out a character...yeah, fun times.

Sister 2 went on her first trail ride where she wasn't led by someone on the ground.  She was so excited.
 
Look at her, all grown up and riding that big horse on her own.  :)
 
And can't forget the winter games, held earlier in February.  Those were lots of fun.  Check out the blog post!
 
Hope y'all had a great February...I know the weather is nasty, but just hang in there - Spring is coming!!!!  (maybe)

20 comments:

  1. Ughh the rain rain rain. It’s rained ceaselessly here too. Hello, Spring, I’d like to put an order in for some sunshine?? And maybe some warm weather too. K bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Y’know, around here, we've had half rain, half SNOW. WHAT THE HECK. CAN WINTER JUST BE OVER ALREADY???? (I’m with Danielle up there - I need some warm weather!)

    Hope you have a great March, Julian! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We haven't even had snow. Just rain. Last snow we had was December (I think). It's just been cold, icy rain allllll year.

      Delete
  3. Oh, Flubber is a great movie ;D

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spring needs to move it's behind over here soon too. Like Nicole, I've been stuck with rain and snow for a while and I'm heartily sick of it.

    Really cool that you went trail riding and ice skating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't let the cold weather board me up inside...still gotta get out and do things now and then. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm sooo tired of the rain as well. >.< I hope March has more sunshine for the both of us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spring is coming - Genesis 8:22 is still in the Bible 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a comfort. :) Trying to be happy and content with whatever weather comes can be a challenge, though!

      Delete
  7. Oh love the movie Flubber! So funny, I haven't see it in a while. We own it on VCR yeah old I know ;). Cold and rainy, no fun.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't used a VCR since....visiting my grandparents...

      Delete
  8. Duuuude. I haven't ice skated since my 5th birthday party. No kidding. I'd love to go again. Except... y'know... COLD. I'm so tired of winter... *sighs* Cold and I really don't get along, and I've been extra depressed lately from the weather, and not being able to go sit outside to get away from the noise of siblings, and too much snow (at least two of the past three or four weeks that I haven't gotten to practice driving have been due to snow). Yeahhhhh, I'm just so ready for spring. XD
    ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, I got a volunteer position at the place my dad works, which a co-worker of his who's SUPER sweet and encouraging and wonderful, so I get to work with her and my dad and another co-worker for two days of every week. And I know another of the folks around the office--from a different department--from my old church, so I usually get to see her at lunch and that's also nice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, come on over and I'll take you ice skating!!! Ours is indoor, and it's not that cold. Especially if you're moving all around to skate.
      But hey-working/volunteering is great! Enjoy that opportunity!

      Delete
  9. It seems as if everywhere got bad February storms. As if winter held back and let it out all in one month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't get any snow, but we did get some ice rain and frigid temps. Blech.

      Delete
  10. Ice skating was so much fun!! We'll have to do it again at some point in the future.

    And I am hoping this rain goes away soon But not for too long. Don't want another drought.

    ReplyDelete