May Wrap-Up

May was warm (finally)!!!  And I loved every bit of it.  Things are happening out on the farm.  The chicks are outside now, Sweetie the Calf is learning to lead, new fences are being put up, and the grass is growing!

I am now able to cross off the first thing on my Yearly Goals list: I did my first Ride and Tie with Bree!  Sarah, Evan and I got together for a race and had quite a lovely time.  Because the weather was rainy, only four other teams came, and they all did the 30 miler distance, so we were racing ourselves.  But the 30 mile course loops onto the 9 miler, so we still got the experience of getting passed by and chasing other teams along the trail.  Bree was amazing.  He was calm and well behaved for the whole trip.

Sarah and I also filmed the vlog for our 2-year blogging anniversary.  So that was loads of fun, despite a few little slip-ups (you'll have to wait to watch the video to see what I mean).

Also went to Canada for Presbytery.  Which included lots of stops along the way for hiking, seeing friends, and checking out Niagara Falls at midnight (cuz what else are you supposed to do when you roll in at midnight and can't wait until the morning??).

Favorite Read of the Month

I did read a number of great books this month, so this high honor is going to be a tough one to bestow.  Romanov was good, and I really enjoyed it, so I may have to go with that.  I finished the Allegiance Trilogy, which it took me a while to get into, but I did finally enjoy it by the end.  Also read Porch Swing Girl, which I had first expected to not like that much, but again, by the end, I fully loved it (and now I'm craving shave ice).

Reading Plan

I know this seems boring to y'all, but it's helpful for me to know that I have to make a quick update.  Still on track.  :)

The Inevitable Photo Dump

Mwahahaha enjoy!!!!

On the way to the Ride and Tie - check out my tiny rig parked with the big guys!

Super awesome Ride and Tie team!

I think Toothless has adopted all the little baby chickens!

Traveling to Canada - only made it a few hours before we had to stop and check out the river!

Big lake in WV.

Niagara Falls - at night! 

And yeah, this was pretty cool!



12 comments:

  1. Wooooaaah, that last picture is so cool!

    And AAAHH the vlog is coming!!!! *excitement*

    Hope you have an amazing June, Julian! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Nicole is right about tha last picture.
    I still want to read Romanov! And I was the same with Porch Swing Girl .. didn't expect to love it so fully ;)


    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pictures so much! Still never been to Niagara :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the photos! My family visited Niagara when I was about 11 years old. Amazing sight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, Niagra Falls look great at night! And the Ride and Tie race sounds like tons of fun, I wish I could ride horses! :D Have a wonderful June. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Niagara Falls looks so cool! I need to read Porch Swing Girl. It is so nice to have warm weather!

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like you had a blast at the Ride + Tie! :)
    Oh, I really want to read Porch Swing Girl! Is it a full novel or a novella??
    We went to Niagara Falls when I was really little, I remember it being fun! I like that last picture!!! <3
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh gosh!!! This all sounds so fun! ^^

    Our month was a bit...crazy, to say the least! xD We won't go there or I'll be here all day.

    The Canada visit sounds SOOOO fun!!! And your Ride and Tie *-*!!! I loved seeing a picture of you and Sarah and Bree! ^^

    Good luck in June!!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, I never would have thought about Niagara Falls at night but it's actually stunning! :o

    Your horse is so pretty! I love grays. :D

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The last picture is AWESOME!
    And awww, Toothless is adorable with all those chicks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those pictures are awesome!! I still need to get up to Niagara at some point. Joe and I have it on our bucket list.

    The RAT was so much fun. I really liked meeting Bree.

    ReplyDelete