Shared WIP Tag - Worldbuilding

Welcome to week two! Today we are going to be discussing the story world...which admittedly hasn't really been touched in this draft...


What aspect of this world would make you want to leave immediately?

The iron grip the King holds over the people? The possibility that I might be attacked by assassins or pirates? The dangerous animals lurking beneath the surafce of the ocean? Nah...I'd rather not be bothered.

If you lived in this world, what would be your job/working environment?

Um, something like my current job? Maybe helping a merchant keep his accounts or even helping work the tests for the Scaera Dumeda.

What would you most likely be wearing if you were dropped into this world?

Uh...blue jeans, an active-wear t-shirt, maybe a sweatshirt since it's winter time. My ESD shoes if I got teleported from work; sneakers if at home.

What aspects stands out to you as different from our world? What is very similar to ours?

Well, there isn't much magic in the book, so it's kinda similar to our world in that way. Got normal people and all. But what really stands out is the Scaera Dumeda. A test to bring forth the most brilliant people in the land.

Which part of your world would you most enjoy visiting?

Okay, so I honestly almost said something like "I'd love to visit Australia" and then I realized the question meant my story world not my real world.

Ehhhhhh...

I'd really love to go sailing on the Red Wind with the crew. They're the best.

Which part of your world would you avoid at all costs?

Um...the ocean. Which presents a problem.

So I guess, to better answer the previous question, I'd love to pop on board the Red Wind while she's in harbor and maybe eat a meal, then head back to solid ground.

Would you enjoy the types of food or common dishes eaten in your world?

Ha. I'll eat anything. Seriously. Blood pudding. Haggis. Anything on a plate I'd attempts a taste. I may not want to finish it, but I'll at least try things.

Cuz I like food.

What does the culture of this world revolve around and would you enjoy participating in it?

Uhhhhh it revolves around....uhhhhhhh trade? It takes place in merchant towns and across seas so there's always something new to see. :)

What’s your favorite thing about the story world?

The ships. And not the kissy-kissy ones.

Provide a few pictures that help depict your story world.

*stutters*

NO

*runs away*

(Okay, just imagine Pirates of the Caribbean meets The Avengers with some Assassins and Teddy-Bears thrown in. There. Kinda give you an idea?)

5 comments:

  1. "(Okay, just imagine Pirates of the Caribbean meets The Avengers with some Assassins and Teddy-Bears thrown in. There. Kinda give you an idea?)"

    XD this sounds like my sort of story, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your panic over having to provide images. xD Aesthetics are stressful!

    (By the way, feel free to come visit Aus anytime you like! I'll give you a tou. ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll try pretty much anything foodwise too. Food is the best! XD
    Sounds like a cool world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, now we know what our comp title tagline is. Avengers meets PotC. Or possibly the X-Men meet PotC.

    ReplyDelete