November Wrap-Up

Obviously, Novermber was mostly about NaNo. And pirate-y things. And horses, apparently (though I'm sure y'all expect that by now).

I'm proud to say I finished NaNo and the novel, so that's cool. More info on that via the other posts scattered throughout November, and I don't want to keep repeating myself.

What else was done?

Hmm. Well. Kept on track for the M'Cheyne Reading Plan. Read a bit (though not a lot). Tried to survive the cold weather.

First day of the ice skating season - and we had the whole rink to ourselves!

Rode Pepper with a bunch of gaited horses that kinda left us in their dust, lol

Thankfully Pepper doesn't mind riding alone, so we took our time and enjoyed the scenery.

Rode Bree with a group, where he was the second tallest horse (and he stands barely over pony size).

Watching a pirate movie while writing a pirate book.

Sister 2 did her first ever RPG. Basically, her princess character forced my prince character into marrying her by threatening to turn him into a frog if he didn't. It was all her idea, I just played my character...

Went to IN to visit friends. Apparently they also play airsoft, which we didn't know or else we would have brought our own things. So here I am, with rented equipment. Figures the only cool airsoft pic of me is when I'm 100% unprepared, haha

Mounted archery with Bree.

Riding Spirit...he's in the back on the way out and in the front all the way back!

On my way to work. Love living in the mountains, feat. our resident "volcano" or as I call it, My Lonely Mountain.

Went to the big fall horse auction.

This horse was 19.2 hands tall. The current tallest living horse is 20.0 hands.

Adorable little horse I spotted at the auction. :)

So that was my month. Hope y'all had a lovely Thanksgiving! And wow...December is upon us. And then 2020 starts. Wowzers. Time flies, eh?

16 comments:

  1. All of those horses are so pretty! Good job on NaNo! I love that you were watching a movie while writing. My fall back is soundtracks when writing. You and your sister's story is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun watching the movie that kind of started the whole plot idea, waaaaay back when. :)

      Delete
  2. Love all the horse pictures. Writing a pirate story while watching Pirates sounds fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I constantly have a tab open somewhere in my brain that's playing the PotC theme...seems like it's always stuck in my head lol

      Delete
  3. Ooh, I've always wanted to go ice skating! And that mountain is stunningly beautiful. Sure beats my drive to work. xD

    Congrats on finishing NaNo and your book!

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just thinking how I would love to go ice skating!!!!
    And your photos are so fun -- I love horses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What gorgeous photos! Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many fun photos ... pirates and words and life all sound good;)

    MB> keturahskorner.blogspot.com
    PB> thegirlwhodoesntexist.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had an awesome month! Congrats on finishing your novel!!!! I think I'll be going ice skating for the first time this month, so here's hoping I don't earn a thousand bruises. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, take it slow, get your balance...it's like roller blading only a little slipperier. :D

      Delete
  8. Looks like you got a lot of riding in. I wish I could have done more. But I got sick. :(
    Have a nice December!!!

    astordetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete