February Wrap-Up

Well, still here. Still slogging through the mud and cold and winter. Trying to find warm days to do things outside whenever possible.

Thankfully we do get some of that in NC. :)



See? Some warm days to get out and hit the trails! (Also, I normally have Pepper in purple...but I'm loving the blue here!)


We did get some snow flurries earlier this month. That was exciting.


Little baby Sir Loin. Remember the baby calf from summer of '19? Well, look at him getting all grown up! (And apparently he wasn't amused by the snow flurries.)


Other exciting news - I GOT A PUPPY!
(Okay, so I didn't really "get" him. There's a pack of local wild dogs that mill around the neighborhood and steal chickens and trash...and whenever I can nab any puppies they have, I usually try to find them new homes...but this one is going to stay.)


Part of my goal this year is to hitch Pepper to the cart and drive him twice (last year was once, and I hit that goal). So I'm halfway to accomplishing this year's cart driving goal! (And I think it says a lot about Pepper that he gets driven so rarely and just behaves so well every time I hitch him up.)


So a friend invited me to be part of her Endurance Team this year....and I said yes. So look for more pictures of Pepper and I traveling and doing some Endurance races together!



Got bored while playing the banjo one night and ended up creating this weird mash-up.


The puppy's name is Max and he is ADORABLE!!


Just LOOK at that FACE!!!


Just...ahhhhhh SO CUTE


Also, airsoft in the snow is awesome!


We got a little more snow later in the month, but it melted after a day. Was fun to drive around in and take pictures of, though!


Snow on the mountains.


More Max. <3


A local friend invited me to ride at her house. Thought she meant riding on trails. Apparently that meant corn fields and bushwhacking through the woods on deer trails, but we had fun.


Also got to check out the train tracks, so that's fun.


Basically, this is the only riding in the snow I've gotten to do this winter...


Went on a hike-and-ride with Sarah and Evan. Basically they hike and I ride, haha. But a fun way for us all to get together and chat about books and life and writing and all that.



River we had to cross. My feet got wet at the deepest part, even though I got to ride Pepper across. Evan and Sarah crossed further downstream. Thankfully this was close to the end, so they didn't have to walk long with wet shoes (though Evan went through barefoot).


The beautiful view from one of the top ridges.


Maybe y'all can't tell, but I'm proud of this boy. 8 miles of mtn riding and barely sweaty. Not to mention being very calm despite high winds and being the only horse in the group.

Anyways, that was the month. Lots of riding. :) And what with the endurance stuff coming up, there are bound to be more pics, lol. But I have been doing lots of writing and editing as well.

And I have some exciting bookish news coming up this month!! So stay tuned!!

10 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! MAX IS SO CUTE!
    Also I love the mental image of you stealing puppies from a pack of wild dogs :D
    I'm exciting to see the pictures from endurance riding. Pepper looks like such a good boy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget I'm wearing my Sunday dress while snagging the puppy...fun times.

      Pepper is a good horse, though. Took a few years to get the craziness out of him, but it's been so worth it!

      Delete
  2. Your puppy is ADORABLE!!!! Such sweetness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still can't believe how deep the river was in comparison to how it looked. Like, I almost thought it would be a good idea to cross where you did. So glad I didn't.

    But man, that was a really great hike!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously, that river was DEEP. I think Pepper was kinda surprised, lol But the hike was awesome!!

      Delete
  4. Such a cute pup!!! I love the blue on Pepper! That's great you got to do so much riding. The weather is getting nicer here so I might be doing some riding soon.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! We got up to the 70s today, I believe. Nice and warm and sunny and I was out wearing shorts today. Ready for summer!

      Delete