Me in Book Characters Tag

So here's the first tag of this year...thanks to Ben from Showers of Blessings. :) I had never heard of or seen this tag before, so this was pretty interesting.

Here are the rules:

1. Thank the creators of the tag. (No idea who, tbh)
2. Thank whoever tagged you. (Ben)
3. List 5 book characters who you are most like and explain why.

4. Tag your friends!

So, for fun, I asked my siblings to do this for me. If I did it myself, I might end up picking characters I wished I was like, instead of being painfully honest...

Here's what they came up with (with my comments in bold)...

One - Janner from The Wingfeather Saga



Because I'm the eldest, the one who's gotta deal with all the misbehaving siblings. I may struggle with how it seems like I never get what I want because it goes to my siblings or how I have to give up things to they can do what they want, but ultimately, I love them and would die for them.

Yeah, that'd be convenient for you if I died in your place, but does anyone ask what I think about it? No....

Honestly, though, I relate to Janner soooooooo much.

Two - Valentine from Ender's Saga

Does it bother anyone else when the books in a series aren't all the same edition/version??


The kind one, the too-emotional-but-that's-a-good-thing one, the one who keeps my siblings under control.

What does that say about y'all, my siblings?

Three - Lina from The Books of Ember

Talk about mismatched.... *sighs*


She has her own goals from the start, though it might not seem like it. Actually fairly organized, though it might not seem like it.

Okay, didn't really see that coming. But she was my favorite character. I loved how she took care of her granny and her little sister and then got a horse in the end. :)

Four - Rinna from Forest Born

Ah, yes, any excuse to show off my hand-painted edges...


Country, down-to-earth, forest born for sure. Quiet, so people may not always notice me.

I have always loved Rin. While I can relate to the other characters (Isi, Enna, Dasha, even Razo) I especially loved Rin's story. How she felt invisible, how she knows she can use her words to get her own way, how she loves playing with children, and just enjoys being at home in the woods.

Five - Leia from Star Wars



(Hey, they're books, too.) *everyone is panicking* Julian: somebody's gotta save our skins! *proceeds to back the flatbed load of round bales down the driveway*

*laughs* Okay, that's pretty funny. I've always seen Leia as kinda bossy, but I guess...yeah, I can be bossy, too. Very "well, somebody has gotta do it, guess it's gonna be me".

Hope y'all enjoyed that...I won't tag anyone, but if you enjoyed the post and want to try to that yourself, please, be my guest!

10 comments:

  1. I love Leia, especially how she would just take charge and be like I got this! XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, siblings are just lovely in their honesty, aren't they?

    Also, mismatching covers...AH! I will literally not get the series if I can't get them to match.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which explains why you haven't gotten The Wingfeather Saga yet...

      Delete
  3. Ooo, I love the idea for this post! (And whyyyyy the mismatched covers??? It's so painful to see the different covers on the shelf . . . XD)

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES, mismatched books bother me! Hardcore. It's such a sad thing to have mismatched series.

    What a fun tag! I might just have to steal it. ;P

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. (Hope that's a compliment, lol!)

      Delete