Shared WIP Tag - Part 4

So it's the last week of the Shared WIP Tag, and we have a couple days of NaNo left. Hard to believe...





How has Covid affected your writing this year?


Well, I didn't work all April, so that was great. Got a bunch of writing done. But other than that, I've been working like normal so my writing schedule has been fairly normal.


How has Covid affected NaNoWriMo itself for you?


Well, my library usually has some Write-Ins or other kinds of NaNo meetings, but because of Covid, that isn't happening. Other than that, things are normal.


What particular or personal or non-Covid-related challenges do you face for NaNo this year?


Well, trying to write around a slightly whacked-out work schedule (some first shift, some second shift, and always getting into overtime) has been fun. 


Are you trying to over-achieve and go over 50K?


Haha, NOPE. Not this year. Past two years I did 100K, but yeahhhhhh not this time. Mostly because I'm only writing half a book (Sarah is writing the other half), and don't have anything else to write after that. But also because of work.


What is your plan if you don’t reach 50K?


Um...if I don't make 50K at the end of the month? I mean, if it's because of work, that I won't stress about it. If I finish the book and haven't reached 50K, I'll probably try and write something from The Red War Annals to get my word count in. 


Have the current situations given you any new ideas and/or changes for your story?


Not for this book, per se. But for others? Yeah...but not giving any info cuz #spoilers


What are some things that excited you about writing this November? 


Everything about writing a first draft. The adventure of delving into a new story for the first time. Knowing others are also writing like crazy. Getting to spend time with Ravin and Adi and the whole Red Wind crew.


What are some ways you took care of yourself during NaNo?


I did let myself sleep a few hours every night...


How would you describe this NaNo year (in one word)?


Exciting. I mean, hey, I worked on a book with Sarah, drafted some scenes for The Red War Annals, and just enjoyed writing.


Are you going to relax in December or do you still have more work to do?


Tbh, there's always work to do. Edits. Rewrites. Drafting. And even if I take a break from writing, I have blog posts to write, chores to do, a house to clean, horses to ride.... *cries* 


But congrats to everyone who attempted NaNoWriMo this year, and congrats on the progress that you made!! Special thanks to Sarah, MK, and Catherine, who all joined in for this year's round of the Shared WIP Tag! Can't wait to read your books!! <3


3 comments:

  1. You let yourself sleep a couple hours? EVERY night? WOW! QUEEN! #selfcaretips
    Excited to eventually read what you wrote!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read about it I wowed by the idea of you co-writing even though it sounds so hard. Congrats I your work so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sleep is important, even if it's only a few hours. XD

    ReplyDelete