Realm Makers Flash Mob!

One thing I've noticed about a lot of people in the writing community is that not only are we avid readers & writers, but many of us are also musicians of some sort or another.


So, for Realm Makers 2021, I want to propose a sort of "Realm Makers Flash Mob" thingy-thing.





For the night of the big dinner, let's get as many musicians together as we can, and play a song together in the book room while waiting for the dinner room to open. Or out in the lobby and freak random people out. Or in the dinner room after all the announcements and things have quieted down. Or whatever works, whatever people want to do, whatever we are able to do.


I'm thinking of "In Dreams" (from The Lord of the Rings) as many people will know it (though I am very open to options), and finding sheet music will be simple (I know someone who has copies). And it gives instrumentalists a chance (either melody or backup), as well as vocalists, to shine!


Sarah and I are driving to Realm Makers and will be able to bring extra instruments for those who can play but are unable to bring their own instrument. I also will put together some sort of communications thread for those planning to participate so we can work out instruments, the actual song, and the time. Messenger, google chat, email list, what have you. (I promise I am actually sort of decent at planning things.)


If no one wants to do a fancy flash mob thing, I will happily "settle" for a casual jam in a corner. :) I just thought that everyone getting together in costume to play a song would be EPIC!!!! (Cuz who doesn't want a bunch of people cosplaying all sorts of characters playing/singing a LotR song!)


SO if you are a Realmie musician or happen to know someone who will be there who is a musician PLEASE contact me. There's the fancy little contact button on the left-hand side of my blog. You can also send me a message over Instagram (@julian.daventry).


So whether you are going or not, please share my post! Let's get some musical Realmies hooked up, and maybe plan something awesome! *salutes* Look forward to seeing y'all at Realm Makers! <3

16 comments:

  1. Man, I wish I was going to Realm Makers this year! I'd love to do something like this...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows, maybe we'll make it a "every year" thing lol

      Delete
  2. YES YES YES THIS SOUNDS FANTASTIC AND I ABSOLUTELY WANT TO TAKE PART IN THIS *all the screaming*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, adding you to the brainstorming doc!

      Delete
    2. (Also, good to know you're willing to help....all the instruments will probably be crammed in the room, haha)

      Delete
  3. Oh man, this sounds like so much fun! I'm not going to RM, so I'm going to need video documentation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun, hope someone videos it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my WORD I so wish I could go this year! This sounds amazing! (It just has to become so much of a hit that they beg y'all to make it an annual event. ;D) I ditto everyone who has requested video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be really fun to make it a "realm makers tradition" or something!

      Delete
  6. *pictures you guys casually rolling in 3 pianos*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having flashbacks to Briscoe Darling and his family playing music in the hotel and they keep getting kicked out and Briscoe is covering for them like "you don't think I can get banjo sounds outta this jug??"

      Delete
  7. I don't play any instruments but LET ME YOU TELL YOU I AM SO EXCITED TO WITNESS THIS!!

    ReplyDelete