2021 Recap (Goals)

2021 has been quite a year, and I can't believe it's over. All things considered, it was a pretty nice year. Good and bad, like usual. That's part of life, I guess.


But did I reach my goals?? Hmmm..


Read 100 Books

So this is my goal every year, and at first I was worried I wouldn't reach it. Normally my family takes a long trip or two (basically to Presbytery, and then another church conference), but Presbytery was hosted by our congregation this year and we didn't go to the conference. Usually I get a bunch of reading done on those trips.


Not sure if it's "cheating" or not, but I also added up the full-read-through edits and the proof copy read-throughs for the three books we released. That boosted my book count a bit.


And I still had to sit down and do some speed-reads at the end of December. But I made the goal, if barely.


I do have a wrap-up post coming with my favorite reads of the year. :)


Compete in an Endurance Race

I've been wanting to do an endurance race for years, but a few things always stopped me, namely the time limits and the fact that my main horse is a chunky Friesian. But after getting Shadow the Paso last year, I figured the time had come.


And yes, Shadow and I completed two races this year. We did a 10 mile "Introductory Ride" in April, and then completed an actual 25 mile race in August. Shadow did great, and I also have a blog post about that. 


Drive Pepper 3 Times

I ground drive a lot, especially when I don't feel like riding or want to change things up for the boys. But actually hitching up the cart? Much harder. The cart is heavy and awkward, and getting the shafts in place by myself is a PAIN. But I did manage to hitch up 3 times and drive around for a bit. Pepper is always such a sweetie, and every time I drive I think "boy, I should do this more often" lol.


Quit My Job

Sad that I had to make this part of my "yearly goals" but I had to. I loved the job, and appreciated my bosses, and met some really great people (coworkers and customers), but it was stressing me out and also taking way too much of my time. People would call me when I was at home, and even on Sundays, and I even spent a good hour or two at Realm Makers making phone calls. And none of that was paid for, since I'm not salary, nor was I able to clock in for those times.


I put in my notice in September, and have since begun working part-time at a friend's bookstore, and part-time with my dad's repair shop (again).


Publish Sins, Sons, and Siren Songs

Publish Rumors, Reunions, and Revenge

Publish Rogues, Royals, and Raiding Roc

As you might know, all three books have been published, and are available on our website and Amazon!


I'll be back next week with my 2022 goals!

1 comment: