Call for Bloggers and Writers - Shared WIP Tag

So I'm organizing a thing. 

A tag, to be more specific.

And it's a little different.  Maybe.  I don't know.  Perhaps someone else has already done something like this. 

Anyway...

ANNOUNCEMENT

I am looking for other bloggers who are also writers and would love the excuse to share a little more information about their WIPs through a Shared Tag!

Personally, I love learning about what new books are in the works, and knowing that there are people who think my story sounds exciting encourages me to keep working on it.

HOW

So there are four sets of ten questions, and all participants will answer the first set of questions via blog post (or vlog, if they want), and all on the same day.

This will happen one day a week, during the month of October, for four weeks.  If you want to participate, but can't do it on the same day, that is perfectly fine (I just thought it would be neat to storm the blogging world with information on our WIPs all on the same day)! 

The four parts to the tag:

Story
Basic questions and facts, such as a brief explanation of plot, a favorite scene, why you think people will enjoy reading your WIP
Characters
Questions such as who is the funniest/scariest/quirkiest character, what is a possession the MC holds dear, and what is the villain's goal
Storyworld
Questions and facts such as something dangerous and something delightful in the storyworld, and what makes it unique
Writing
Questions such as how are you going about writing this story, do you write glossaries or draw art for the story, or what you do to get in the mood

I have everything set up via Google Docs so participants can view the questions, add their own, or else discuss ways to make this better.

If you would like to take a part, please contact me via the blog (I should have a contact form on the right sidebar - if it's not there, comment and let me know!!) and I can invite you to view the document where the questions and publish dates are.

If you want to participate on just one (or two, or three) of the parts, that's fine!! 

PROCESS

First Step
We agree on the questions we're going to answer (I already have some planned; if anyone doesn't like them, or has suggestions of their own, they can be changed)

Second Step
We agree on a day in which we all can post (doesn't have to be same time, just same day)

Third Step
We answer the first tirade of questions and tag other bloggers to do the same

Fourth Step
Repeat first three steps until all four parts of the tag are complete

Nuances/Things to Work Out

~I put the first four Wednesdays of October, but really, whatever works best for everyone else.  Once I get a number of bloggers doing this, we can agree on the best day.  (Or should it just be whenever you want during that week??)

~Should we tag others at the end?  Leave it an open tag?  No tags at all/just us only doing it?

~If anyone is good with images, they are welcome to create banners or such for it.

~If anyone wants to take this a step further or make it longer or fancier or shorter or more simple, I'm open to discussion!

To Recap: If anyone wants an excuse to talk about their WIP and get other readers, writers, and bloggers excited about it, or would like to help start a new tag, let me know and join in on a fancy WIP tag!!

8 comments:

  1. This is going to be so much fun!! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds fun. I'll send you an email with the contact form. Is that how we get access to the Google Doc?
    I really like this idea and would like to join, but if some questions are too spoiler-y, we can skip them, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! Just shoot me an email so I can get your email and add you to the document. Thanks for thinking of joining!

      Delete
  3. I'm intrigued and admire your wanting to put this together, Julian. I would rather not be tied down to a day of the week and would prefer not to tag my blogging friends (I don't want them to be obligated.) How about asking this question: "What does your protagonist want?" I have found that to be a pivotal question for scenes as well as for over-arching plot questions. That's my opinion for whatever it's worth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful question! And no worries - you can pick your questions and not tag others. Thanks for being interested in the tag, though!

      Delete
  4. I'm hectic busy for the next two weeks, but October shoulllld be better. So - this would be amazing! I'll definitely try to join in! Thanks for creating something special, Julian. ;)
    Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete