The Literary Dinner Party Tag

Okay, so I kinda stole this from Faith.  But I couldn't help it.  It looked like such a fun tag!!!  Because dinner + characters = epicness.  Since I stole this tag, I'll leave it open for anyone else to steal.  XD

1. Invite a character who can/likes to cook.

Bilbo from The Hobbit. 

Because, really...who else???  I want to explore his pantry and have a big feast with him, and then sit in the garden and nibble on some pastries (and fill up the corners, as they call it).

2. Invite a character who has money and can host this party.

Prince Steren from The Secret of the Swamp King.

He's a Prince...of course he's got money.  And then we'd get to have the party at Tambluff Castle in the great feasting hall!  (And maybe take a trip to the Feechiefen while we're at it...)

3. Invite a character that might cause a scene.

Prince Cor from The Horse and His Boy.

Fistfights....childish arrogance....really, he would be quite interesting to have at a party!

4. Invite a character who is funny/amusing.


He's great.  Just great.  Plus, I need an excuse just to give him a hug and say "Everything is alright, mate."  Because he needs that.

5. Invite a character who is super social/popular.

Lina from The City of Ember.

She's so nice and helpful, and I wouldn't cry if she brought her little sister Poppy with her.  (If anyone doesn't know this, I love little kids...)

6. One villain.

Fëanor from The Silmarillion.

I don't know why, but I really like him.  I think it's partly because his name is cool and also because he has this thing for burning ships down and after spending every summer following my father up and down every marina in existence I too want to burn all the ships down.

7. Invite one couple--doesn't have to be romantic.

Jace and Kyrin from Exiles.  In a heartbeat.

8. Invite one Hero/Heroine.

Rin from Forest Born.

I love Rin.  Rin is precious.  She's just this little forest born girl who gets caught up in all these adventures and just wants to get home alive and keep her friends and family alive and Razo isn't helping...

9. Invite one under-appreciated character.

Zeke from 100 Cupboards.

You're just having a normal day, minding your own business, when next thing you know, you're hitting some crazy lady in the head with a baseball bat.  And you're pretty chill in the ensuing panic in the house.  Give that guy a medal!

10. Invite one character of your choice.

Emeth, from The Rise of Aredor.

Twin swords?  Scottish accent?  Sense of humor?  Say no more - he's invited!


So what do you think?  Would you want to come to my party and mingle with these characters??

**please excuse any typos or formatting error for this was typed up and published via my tiny iPhone which makes for a very angry Julian**

12 comments:

  1. I chuckled a bit here. Each of these answers were so you. I mean, I know you wrote it and all, but these selections just scream 'you'.

    I'm glad to see your pyromaniac side shining through. I'd probably want to burn ships too if I saw every marina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind a boat or two, but once you've seen one dock, you've seen them all....

      Delete
  2. I love it. So much. <3 this was awesome to read and thanks for stealing it!!!! Peet coming along would probably be very good. I need to hug him too. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There should be a party just for Peet where we can give him cookies and tea. And sing some songs or something.

      Delete
  3. I LOVE THIS TAG!!!!

    grrr! I forgot about Bilbo being a cook!! *slaps face*

    Oh yeah, I forgot about Prince Cor too!! Gracious me, that boy can make a scene! Especially if Bree gets involved...LOL.

    Catherine
    catherinesrebellingmuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I meant Prince Corin, actually. Whoops! Just now realized I had put the wrong twin. Oh well. I'll just have to invite them both. XD

      Delete
  4. Angry Julian? I'll say. I happened to be near you while you were trying to post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes to Zeke, Bilbo, and Lina!! They'd make great dinner party guests! ^.^

    Lila - The Red-Hooded Writer

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't read 100 Cupboards, but now I think I need to?? And your answer regarding Feanor is great. ;)

    In related thoughts, I think this tag should have a category, not for a character, but for a setting? (The answer is Bag End. Obviously. For reasons you touched on.)
    - Jem Jones

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A setting would be great!!! Steal this tag, Jem, and make a new category!!! (Cause you like breaking rules, apparently...)

      Delete