April Wrap-Up

Hello everyone, and hope you had a lovely Camp NaNo and are recovering from Avengers: Endgame.

*glances at tissues and laptops and chocolate and pencils scattered across the blogosphere*

I think it'll be a while before recovery begins...

Anyway, all the pain and tears aside, I had a lovely Camp NaNo.  I managed to get myself invited (somehow) into Jane Maree's Fellowship of the Keyboards, and let me say, it was quite lovely.  Great people there, folks.  Great people.  I enjoyed getting to meet some new writing peeps and chatting with old friends.

(Though I did miss the OotP Hashtag War and Marvel Quote Challenge.)

I made my Camp Goal to get in 260 minutes of editing Rauladin.  In total, I got 8 hours and 54 minutes.  So I'm pretty happy with that.  It got me to the second part of the book, and most of the characters have been introduced now.

Favorite Read of April

I didn't read much, mostly because of Camp.  But I did start a book about Mrs. Robert E Lee, and it actually gave me a brilliant idea for a character in my trilogy.  So that's always fun.  :)

Favorite Movie of April

So I had to drive to meet a customer this month, and my car happened to have a DVD player.  So I listened to the Inkheart movie, which I haven't seen in years.  As long as you just view it as a standalone, it's not that bad.  (They totally ruined the ending so there's no hope for making books 2 and 3; but on it's own, it's not that bad.) 

Anyone else watched it before?

Daily Bible Reading Plan

On track.  :)  So excited that I've been staying on track, and hopefully I'll be able to complete it this year!

The Inevitable Photo Dump

My favorite part!!

Evan attacking a huge tree with a chainsaw.

Someone discovered the joys of trotting!

Look at that smile!

The hallway light looks like some little fairy or something...

Running with the family.

Getting Bree in shape for Ride and Tie season.

Went to one of those "eat out on main street" deals.

The chicks got moved outside!
 
I also got to meet Sarah for lunch Tuesday!  I had to do a second work trip which took me close to her house, so we met for Thai and chatted for an hour.

Hope y'all had a great April, and I'm looking forward to May!!
 

15 comments:

  1. Glad camp NaNo went great for you! Looks like a great month, full of fun pictures ;)

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, those chicks are so cute!

    I hope you have a good May. <33

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're cute now that they've got feathers...

      Delete
  3. Yay!! Congrats on completing Camp Nano!!!

    Ahh yes *sniffles* Endgame...tore my heart out.

    Yep, I've seen Inkheart!!

    Ohh, your Friesian is absolutely GORGEOUS (plus your sister is adorable up on him!!)!!

    Sounds like you had a lovely month!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It's so cute watching this little girl ride that big horse. It was actually her first time riding him. She usually rides my TWH, who is actually taller than the Friesian!

      Delete
  4. Endgame . . . *dissolves into sobs*

    Not gonna lie, our cabin was AWESOME this year. It was cool having you and Sarah in it!

    I hope you have a great May, Julian!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love our spontaneous trips. We seriously need to do more of them. Might have more chances now that J is living up in WS and I might make more trips up to visit him.

    That idea you got for Marywyn... so perfect. Like, seriously. I heart it so much.

    Liz looks so adorable on Pepper! Love it!

    Hope you have a great May!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen Inkheart the movie. Also read the books. I like both. ;) Looks like a great month! Camp NaNo sounds very fun I might try it out next year.

    astorydetective.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!!! Try Camp! There's another one this year - I believe in July? And then NaNoWriMo itself in November. :)

      Delete
  7. Yay for Camp! I had a great April in that regard. Well done on your goal, girl!

    I've seen the Inkheart film! I rather liked it---and y'all may disagree, but I enjoyed it far better than the books, they just got too weird & messed up for me (no offense meant to ANYONE! Just solely my opinion!).

    Love the photo dump! It's always fun getting a sneak peek of life outside of blogger. ;D

    Here's to a new month---happy May!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like both the movie and the books, but for different reasons; although neither of them are particular favorites, just something I enjoy from time to time. Frankly, it's completely plot-driven for me, as I don't like any of the characters much, which is kind of rare for me.

      Delete
  8. Yay, I'm glad Camp NaNo went well for you! I met my goal as well.

    Oooh, I love Inkheart! I've only seen the movie (I read part of the book but didn't finish it), so I might see it a little differently than fans of the book do. But it's one of my favorites.

    theonesthatreallymatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete