Words of Gold - Beta Call

A quick glimpse at the title, and you probably know what this post is about.
 
What:  Betrayal and Bravery Trilogy, Book One: Words of Gold
 
How Much:  The first three chapters.
 
Why:  Some extra eyes to make sure the beginning draws readers in, that the MC is likeable/relatable, and everything makes sense.
 
Who:  You.

Wanted to read my work?  Now's your chance.  Interested in my trilogy?  Now's your chance.  Been looking for something quick to do?*  Now's your chance.

The Blurb

Marywyn the Villager is no one special.  She’s an orphan, and certainly not a hero or a person of importance.  In fact, her only claim to fame is her extremely well-kept garden and a lovely singing voice.  So when her brother is captured by the enemy, she can only assume her family has been mistaken for another.  The attempts on her own life?  All a mistake.  The warrior trailing her every move and keeping her safe from all attacks?  Again, he must be mistaken.  And the old warrior claiming to know Marywyn's parents?  He must be misguided by his adopted son who can't talk-and who is already under suspicion for treason.

God does not make mistakes in His Providence, and everything happens for a reason.  But can Marywyn sort out all the facts before anyone else gets hurt (including herself)?

Never done this before, but here's the google form link.  Hope it works.







*if you're really really really desperate I might be nice and give you the rest of the book, but only if it's a life or death situation

12 comments:

  1. YAY, we get to read some of Julian's writing!

    (Quick question - when do we need to have it read by?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically before Realm Makers, lol. But it's only 3 chapters, so y'all should have plenty of time. :)

      Delete
  2. AHHHHHHH this will be awesome! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AHHHHH I can't wait to see what y'all think!!

      Delete
  3. I think I might have mostly signed up because I can actually make time for three chapters amidst all my other piles of reading. Also, I can't wait to read something of yours! Also, I love that you know what LibreOffice is ... so many people seem to put that thing down for some reason ;/

    keturahskorner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE LibreOffice!!! I actually like it better than Word. And it's free!

      Delete
  4. Ahhhhh! Can't wait to finally read some of this!!!

    (also, we put out calls for betas around the same time lol)

    ~Ceci

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops! Yeah, I scheduled this post like, a month back, so I promise it wasn't intentional!

      Delete
  5. Oh, looking forward to this! The form cracked me up! It was so hilarious! XD

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay yay yay yay yay!!! I'm too busy as it is but I am SIGNED UP!!!!! I can't wait!!!

    ~ Lily Cat (Boots) | lilycatscountrygirlconfessions.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks! It's only 3 chapters, so it shouldn't take up too much time. :)

      Delete