The Story Hunter - A Review

I'm very slow to jump onto new books. Or any book, really. (Partly because I'm soooooo behind on my TBR...)

So when I heard great things about The Story Peddler, I was like "okay, cool, I'll probably read it eventually" and then just kinda went on with my life.

Fast forward to Realm Makers 2019, and TSP is everywhere and winning allllll the awards and I was like "okay, I'm gonna get this book now."

And I did. Got it signed by Lindsey Franklin and everything. And when I read it I was blown away.



I was part of The Story Raider release and loved that book, though not as much as TSP. That being said, I hardly ever like "middles" in trilogies. They don't have the fun of first entering the world and meeting the characters, and they don't have a final ending. They just....continue on and on, if you know what I mean.

I also felt like Diggy kind of stole the show from Tanwen, and that irked me. I also wanted more time with the Weavers (and maybe a little less time of Tannie and Mor trying to ignore each other).

So I wanted for The Story Hunter, biting my nails and hoping that the final book would bring back the magic I loved in the first one.

And I wasn't disappointed.



Likes

I love Tannie so much. She's such an awesome character. I love her sense of humor and her way of seeing the world and she's so STRONG. Like, I would love to just sit back and drink a cup of tea with her and chat about sailing and country life and goofy farm boys and handsome ex-pirates and maybe she would weave me a story and I could play her a song on my mandolin.

The Corsyth Weavers. Guys. They are awesome. I really wish there was more interaction with them, because I love them all. Especially because they're all so different and yet brought together with their amazing talents and how they all help and support each other.

The writing style is just so soothing to read and enjoyable and full of life. #writinggoals 

Tannie and Mor openly admitting to loving each other are the best. I loved seeing them support each other and friendly bicker and tease and just AHHHHHHHHHHH

Also, Brac's storyline. I honestly always liked that farm boy...



Dislikes

Diggy. Now, I personally like Diggy. First off, her name is so stinkin' cute and after hearing her story I really want to (gently, lest she stab me) wrap her in a hug and tell her everything will be okay and bake her some snickerdoodles and try to get her to really smile. I liked her in TSR. But in TSH, I felt like I couldn't really get into her head at times, and some of her decisions seemed really sudden and maybe even out of character. Maybe that was the point, though? So all in all, I'll not complain much about it. It is what it is and her ending is still GOLDEN.

Braith is still boring, tbh. In all 3 books.

Final Report

I'm still going to wave these books everywhere and shove them in people's faces because these books are beautiful and fun and just full of awesome characters and an awesome world and some awesome magic and do yourself a favor and read the books. :)



Anyone else read these? Thoughts? Comments? Criticisms? Want to cry with me over the ending of TSH??

If you are interested in getting yourself a copy of this book, --->here<--- is the book page on the publisher's website. 

4 comments:

  1. AHHHH I need book 3 so much *sobs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed book one, but I have mixed feelings about book two and some of the themes in book one...I actually just wrote a post about my general comments/criticisms about the first two (I'll link to it below), so if you want an expanded edition of my thoughts/feelings/comments/criticisms you can look there :D. I actually liked Braith as a character, but her chapters were definitely more boring than Tanwen's!
    https://samsbookshire.blogspot.com/2020/05/double-review-story-peddler-story-raider.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard so much about this trilogy! and really need to get my hands on it. (Handsome ex-pirates, you say...?)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to read this series! I saw them at Realm Makers and thought they looked worth a read.

    ReplyDelete