#CoverLove Tag

So Ivie tagged me...and honestly, I spent so much time staring at my bookshelves, it's a little embarrassing.


The rules


Thank the blogger who tagged you and link back to their blog
Create seven new #CoverLove Tag questions or just use mine
Answer the seven questions your nominator gave you
Nominate seven other bloggers and let them know they've been tagged


A cover you loved the moment you saw it
I don't even remember when I first saw this book for sale in the store...I just was so excited to find a "new" Tolkien story with a beautiful cover and I had to have it...


It's not even the prettiest cover on my shelf.  But it's one where I did love it the instant I saw it.


Your least favorite book cover on a book you love


Well, tbh, the first thing I thought of was the poor, ruined cover of my old The Silmarillion...read so many times the cover completely fell off.


Than I realized the question was mostly talking about, well, ugly covers.  And How They Kept the Faith came to mind.  Because the cover isn't that great.  It's not horrible, but it could be a lot nicer.  It doesn't really make you want to discover what story is inside.


But the story...it is amazing.  Honestly.  It's got to be a top favorite.  It's moving and beautiful and heartwrenching and just...AHHHH


A cover you love on a book you hate


Okay, first off, I don't hate The Fiddler's Green.  I just...didn't like it.  Not a single thing of it.  The first book was entertaining, but this one...ehhhhhhhuuuuuuu bleh.  But the cover...isn't it stunning????


A cover that makes you think of your childhood


So this is my second copy of this book, as my mom bought me a new one after I read the first one to pieces.  This was my favorite book when I was a horse-crazy youngster.


Aesthetic goals book cover


IT'S SO PRETTY!!!!


A book cover with a food item you love to eat


I practically tore my shelf apart looking for something with food on it...and this was the closest I came to "food."
I mean, salad anyone??  Salad is good.
(Though, come to think about it, I did have a cooking magazine in my magazine stack...guess I could have counted that one??)


A book cover you love on a book you love


The Silmarillion all the way!!!


The Re-Tag


Eh...I'll be lazy here...if you want to answer the following questions, by all means steal the tag and run and answer them!!!!


A favorite cover on an old book
A favorite cover on a new book
The cover of a book you're currently borrowing (from the library, or a friend)
A blue cover
A cover with an animal on it
A cover that made you look twice at it the first time
A cover you thought was amazing at first, but now you don't find it so exciting

17 comments:

  1. Fun post! Love your food cover choice! *giggles*
    -Brooklyne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, salad is good, right? Better than the other cover I was going to go for...the one with medicine on it...

      Delete
  2. The second edition of the Sil is so beautiful! I have that same copy. :)

    Awesome tag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first ever read the Silmarillion, I was boring Sarah's copy (I believe it was a paperback of that edition). Evan bought me that hardback for my birthday (this year? last year). I honestly have no clue where my little paperback came from...

      Delete
  3. Great post! I really need to do this.........oooooh, and that Children of Hùrin cover is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. STEAL THE TAG GO RUN

      Isn't it, though?? So pretty....

      Delete
  4. Ah, the Silmarillion makes an appearance twice in this tag!!

    The covers here are lovely! Tyra looks so cool! I mean, how can you beat having a wolf on your cover? I mean, really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops #sorry #notsorry

      It's a cute little book, too. Maybe I should write a few little like-minded novellas for my books as well?

      Delete
  5. Ohhh cool!!!

    How They Kept the Faith sounds pretty cool! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice choices! It is hard to find books with food on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was like, "oh, easy..." *stares at bookshelf* "Okay, I lied."

      Delete
  7. Great post! I might have to steal this tag sometime--it seems super fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, by all means, STEAL IT

      Wow. Here I am encouraging theft. So I begin my path to the dark side.

      Delete
  8. Consider yourself stolen from:
    https://litaflame.blog/2018/09/29/443/

    ReplyDelete